The Big Bang Theory Page 19

I thought several of the earlier series episodes were 9s and 10s with one or two classics. Now I wouldn't give it a 5. But I'd probably still give Penny one.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 3rd January 2015, 10:02 AM GMT

I thought several of the earlier series episodes were 9s and 10s with one or two classics. Now I wouldn't give it a 5. But I'd probably still give Penny one.

Probably? :P

:D

I really love this programme now.

It is one of the best things on TV and the best sitcom from the United States since Cheers. :)

Still watching the repeats. :)

Jim Parsons on the One Show last week promoting the voice he is doing on this full length cartoon film. Can't remember what it was called though. Surprised didn't see him on one of the chat shows.

He was so cute with that puppy.

It was weird that the one chat show he chose to do while in the UK was the flipping One Show.

Yes, you would've thought he would have been on Norton or Ross, but perhaps he still will - is he still in the UK, I ask myself?

Quote: zooo @ 7th March 2015, 11:23 AM GMT

He was so cute with that puppy.

It was weird that the one chat show he chose to do while in the UK was the flipping One Show.

I caught that by accident, normally I don't watch The One Show. I'd rather see him on Norton...or...*cough cough* Top Gear.

The puppy thing was really sweet.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 6th March 2015, 9:17 PM GMT

I really love this programme now.

It is one of the best things on TV and the best sitcom from the United States since Cheers. :)

Seinfeld?
Frasier?
Friends?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 7th March 2015, 9:57 PM GMT

I caught that by accident, normally I don't watch The One Show. I'd rather see him on Norton...or...*cough cough* Top Gear.

The puppy thing was really sweet.

Ooh yes, he'd be great driving the reasonably priced car. Or has he been on that already...

Quote: zooo @ 7th March 2015, 10:30 PM GMT

Ooh yes, he'd be great driving the reasonably priced car. Or has he been on that already...

I don't think so. None of the BBT cast has been on Top Gear so far, AFAIK.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th March 2015, 10:04 PM GMT

Seinfeld?
Frasier?
Friends?

Thanks for the question. How does this go? All three you mention are probably from periods when TV as a whole wasn't uppermost on my list. Actually, the same could be said of "Cheers" but I know that I was prepared to leave social events in the 1980s to get back for it on Fridays. Sad - but it was only Croydon.

Anyhow, I guess "Frasier" is regarded by many as the sophisticated spin-off of "Cheers" and "Seinfeld" undoubtedly merits the sophisticated tag too. I don't dislike either but, I dunno, they are possibly just a little bit too dry for me. A bit too rarefied. I think I lean in terms of comedy characterisation towards ordinary folks rather than the sophisticated ones. To my mind, they are generally more convincing losers.

I can't really comment on "Friends". I never really watched it as I selected it out on the basis that it was for a different generation. The new youth. My guess is that it was all a bit "upwardly mobile in the office" and, if not, then in and out of bed. "Big Bang" works because any success the characters may have is more than outweighed by their peculiarities so the two balance out into some kind or ordinary, albeit in a weird domain.

please let the soft kitty die

I used to watch this show religiously when it first came on. There were signs that things were amiss but I hung in (I was really in my feelings after Sara Gilbert left and the show's producers didn't try and keep her). And then once the principal actors publicly started threatening to go on strike and wound up getting there 1 million an eppy it went to hell (considering only Leonard, Penny, and Sheldon got that type of payout while the producers threatened to replace/write off Raj and Howard).

I never got the transition Lorre did taking it out of a nerd show (and I'm a nerd so that was the appeal from jump for me) to all of a sudden they can miraculously pulling hot and sexy chicks that never in a million years would be bothered with them. When Howard and Bernadette got married, and then the Penny Leonard not married/married/remarried saga started I quit watching regularly. Then Bernadette got preggers - quit watching entirely. Now it is my understanding Sheldon and Amy are having relations, living together, and contemplating kids. THAT ISNT WHAT THE SHOW WAS SUPPOSED TO MORPH INTO.