The Big Bang Theory

The Big Bang Theory is tipped to be the next top American sitcom. It's a series about two science geeks who move in together and find themselves living next to a sexy female neighbour. As you can see, it has a similar premise to The IT Crowd (i.e. both about geeks) - I don't think both shows can survive over there.

Apparently The Big Bang Theory was subject to "a number of bids" from British broadcasters at the LA Screenings. After some heavy bidding, Channel 4 won the rights; they'll be showing it here next year.

The trailer is on this page: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fall_preview_2007/
(click the Monday 8:30 slot)

I have to say, as far as American sitcoms go, it does look quite fun (maybe that's because I'm a bit of a geek myself?). The character Simon Helberg plays (the guy in the red) made me laugh.

Sounds like it could be good. If it's on C4 though, I doubt I can be bothered to watch.

*strokes the Internet*

My pretty...

I wasn't expecting to be much but the trailer does look quite funny. I laughed more with that than i ever did with Two & A Half Men, which is on the same channel in the US.

Yeah it looks pretty funny from the trailer.

The blonde was Bridget from 8 Simple Rules.

Ha that actually looks pretty good..."He's kind of a nerd......Juicebox?"

OH MAN!! I pitched a book called the big bang theory last November which didnt get picked up, I'm going to have to change the name of it now bloody Americans!!!

Old!

I'll watch it if the actress who plays Bridget is in it. Phwoar.

Quote: ajp29 @ June 20, 2007, 11:23 AM

I'll watch it if the actress who plays Bridget is in it. Phwoar.

Yeah, I know what you mean! :D

Is one of the geeks thw guy from Roseanne?

It'd be better if the girl was Megan Fox.

Is she the one in Transformers? can't wait to see that aswell.

Yes, she is. *dribbles*

The blonde in the towel wasn't Megan Fox, she was Kaley Cuoco from 8 Simple Rules.