Would I Lie To You? Page 12

Quote: zooo @ August 22 2008, 9:44 PM BST

I like Vic on QI, he well enjoys himself on there.

Best thing was, he said which Kent village he lives in. I've always wondered! Unless he was lying... :)

They interviewed his wife on GMTV a couple of weeks ago and he kept popping his head above the couch behind her.

Quote: Simon Stratton @ August 22 2008, 9:43 PM BST

He was a bit like that on 8 out of 10 cats. Did it make everyone awkward and uncomfortable?

A little, but not as much as Rob Brydon did at the third recording (the first to be shown) with the David appreciation spiel, which again was a lot longer than what made the episode! There was a VERY tense silence in both panel and audience at that...

Quote: Amanda Prefect @ August 22 2008, 9:32 PM BST

Although it did remind me just how much I wanted to smack TPT in the mouth... I'm sure she's lovely, she just annoyed the hell out of me!

Even by a dimwit's standards she says some bloody stupid things, and yet I still fail to be able to hate her.

Quote: zooo @ August 22 2008, 9:44 PM BST

Best thing was, he said which Kent village he lives in. I've always wondered! Unless he was lying... :)

I've heard it before. And I'm pretty sure that that was it.

Quote: Amanda Prefect @ August 22 2008, 9:50 PM BST

A little, but not as much as Rob Brydon did at the third recording (the first to be shown) with the David appreciation spiel, which again was a lot longer than what made the episode! There was a VERY tense silence in both panel and audience at that...

Ouch.

Which spiel was that? I don't recall at all. Amanda?

I think it was mainly because David looked very, very uncomfortable with Rob B saying that kind of stuff, so that had a big knock-on effect. But then Rob came out with a long speech about tapeworms (that sadly I can't remember), and all was well again. :D

edit: There was a bit where Rob was saying that he found David very "easy on the eye". There was a lot more at the actual taping... Even Rob Webb, who was on the other team, was looking worried!

I remember that!! It was bizarre.

I guess everyone crosses the line between comedy and awkwardness sometimes. Must be hard if that moment is filmed and shown on national telly.

I'm having to admit here and now that I actually found Mitchell quite amusing on this weeks episode (and on Mock the Week too). Even the bit in MTW where they were on about the place where I live - good old Bolton. Anyway - must dash. I'm moving my family down to Oxford...

Becoming a Don?

Of course, albeit a homeless one.

I've finally got around to watching last week's show. When compared to all the other episodes (which have been great), I thought it was rather poor. The guests were to blame - a 'truth or lie' panel game isn't the place for Vic Reeves' surreal humour, and as for Tara Annoying-Tompkinson - the less said about her the better!

At least it looks like the series is going to end on a high... this preview clip with Michael McIntyre and Graeme Garden is very funny.

I wish WILTY? wouldn't end - next week we've got Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse's sketch show taking over the slot, if it is anything like the first series, lord help us!

Graeme Garden, as funny as ever. Looks good.

Graeme Garden was great, IIRC. Should come over really well in the edit :) (He was also good on The Unbelievable Truth, but then again he did help devise that ;))

I'm hoping WILTY? will get a third series. It seems to pull in a fair amount of viewers for its timeslot - considering how many channels there are now, as well! - and is pretty popular with both audience and reviewers. (Also, I want to go and see it filmed again :P)

Friday's episode had a moment that shows why this show makes me laugh more than anything else does: David Mitchell's rant at McIntyre as he allows Graeme Garden to consider his vegetables and all subsequent answers was hilarious, especially the 'Can I ask another question?' 'No! You may not! Silence!'.

Genius :)

Dan