Would I Lie To You? Page 9

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 12:53 AM BST

:O

He's lovely!

Go zooo! :)

I know I wear my 'I <3 David' badge quite clearly on my sleeve, but I suppose I could understand why someone might find his style not to their taste. My friend hates Stephen Fry for similar reasons I think.

I'm a Mitchell fan and of this panel show. I think the standard varies with guests but last episode pretty good.

Just got around to watching last week's episode, and it was hilarious. Love Hugh, shows that he's been unfairly sidelined on Mock The Week of late, as he's as sharp as ever.

And how cute was Olivia Coleman? :)

She's sooo lovely.

I loved the French story. Very funny. And great that it was true. :D

Yes!!

She does look kind of French.

There is a French look as well. You can spot 'em a mile off.

I gotta say, I've always loved mitchell and he rules in this show, but I had never seen Lee Mack before. The guy is absolutely hilarious, extremely sharp... He has some of the best moments on this show, just the way he plays off the other panelists and has a very quick wit...

Get yourself his sitcom, Not Going Out. :)

His spot on Live at the Apollo was wonderful too!

"What does it f**king smell like??!"

His Live DVD isn't bad either. Didn't think I'd like it, but was pleasantly surprised.

See Amazon product listing

Talking of Lee Mack, in my opinion some of his best stand-up to date has been on his slightly hidden-away Radio 2 series, The Lee Mack Show. I think that's coming back for a second series so do watch out for that too.

Really enjoying this series. It's a good premise for a panel show and in David Mitchell and Lee Mack they have two really strong captains at the top of their games. I also like the fact that they don't solely rely on stand-ups for their guest panellists. I can really see this series going from strength-to-strength. My only concern being that, as regards the captains, it's going to be increasingly hard to come up with Truth/Lie questions. Not that the show is really about that, of course. The banter is great and I there is a good chemistry going on between David and Lee. It's good to see Angus Deayton back in a (decent) host's role. I only wish he'd have the confidence to come out of his shell a bit more. Angus is a genuinely witty man, but I sense that after the humiliation (unfairly to a degree) dumped on him during his final days at HIGNFY, he's become over-cautious about making barbed comments to anyone. He's had his wings clipped.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 18 2008, 4:05 PM BST

His Live DVD isn't bad either. Didn't think I'd like it, but was pleasantly surprised.

Lee Mack is one of the funniest people I've ever seen live. And that was about 10 years ago now.

Dan

I love David Mitchells wit :D

....he always manages to say exactly what I was thinking. I love how he tears other peoples arguments apart I think it shows that he has a fiery intellect and wants to challenge people - I think that's very sexy. Some people say he appears arrogant but to be honest I think sometimes people who are very bright might come accross in that way because they lose patience with those who are less bright. I don't think David is particularly "Posh" I think he is educated and intelligent which some people might be intimidated by.

I think he would be a great date, lots of intellectual stimulation!

Single Female, Blonde, Blue Eyes, Age 25, 5ft 6, Seeks David Mitchell for Dinner Date/Intellectual Debate including Wine for the lady and or/Green King IPA for the gentleman.

Next Friday, David...? Lovey <3