Would I Lie To You? Page 8

:O

He's lovely!

What about him annoyed you so, just out of interest? :)

I really can't put my finger on it - I just don't like the bloke! I don't find him the slightest bit amusing, not just on this show but in everything else he's been in. And I find him incredibly smug and smarmy. That's it I'm afraid!

Mitchell is, for my money, one of the best panelists on the telly.

Having seen him do a kind of panel thing live (basically just chatting with Iannucci, Morris and Quantick on stage) I can say he's very clever and very quick.

I've got a man crush on David Mitchell.

It's probably because he talks posh but I think David Mitchell is great.

I dig David Mitchell so much that I am actually writing a musical for him. He doesn't know it yet, but he will.

I'm serious.

His wit is lightning fast and I like the way he speaks.

He truly has "funny bones". Naturally funny. Born humorous.

He sort of reminds me of that Python character that Terry Jones played: The dude who everyone laughs at no matter what he says. He's just a funny mutherf**ker all the way around.

I can't think of anyone better to write for.

Aw!

I'd like to see him sing.

Sing what? "I'm a little teapot"?

Yes please!

I'm sure it'll have 'pot' somewhere in the title anyway.

Laughing out loud

Angus Deayton really looks like my next door neighbour. It's a bit creepy actually.

Are you Victor Meldrew?

Quote: zooo @ August 10 2008, 2:54 PM BST

Are you Victor Meldrew?

No. He's my other neighbour.

Quote: Mick Green @ August 10 2008, 12:58 AM BST

And I find him incredibly smug and smarmy. That's it I'm afraid!

I agree and he probably would agree with you - but that doesn't stop him being clever and funny though.

All of which proves I'm in a distinct minority here! Hey-ho, but there you go.

And, though I still can't quite put my finger on it, it certainly isn't as he sounds posh. A hell of a lot of the people I really do admire could, it could be argued, sound/sounded posh (Stephen Fry, the entire Monty Python team, Peter Cook, Peter Ustinov to name but a few).

Yeah. Age old cliche but it wouldn't do for us all to like the same stuff.