Script writers wanted

Hi

I have a completed script which has got good feedback but with a continued comment that it has interesting scenarios, good characters and a strong unique style but it needs structuring better. I am looking for writers to work with me on this script which I can then reply to the individuals at the production companies who have contacted me.

I am happy to email the script to any partners who join the team and we have our discussions about the project here on this thread.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Best regards

Scott

Can you let me know a little more... i.e. what sort of script is it?

Go on then pal sign me up

This is the original synopsis I wrote for the script:

The basic concept of the show is that each episode starts at a bar ran by three friends who all individually seem normal enough but who ultimately are shown to be unhinged characters due to their approach to life. Though the show always begins at the pub called the Seagull Inn the viewers are lead away to an assortment of random events that are linked together by their association with either the pub or one of the three characters who work there. This gives the freedom to encounter many different wonderfully strange characters and scenarios.

Eventually each episode eventually finishes with the random events leading back to the Seagull Inn. The only consistent characters in the series would be the three peculiar friends who feature at the start, end and sometimes in between. I envision this to be a hybrid of a sitcom and sketches, a show with fresh originality and high appealing cult attraction

The show is quirky with strange visual and dialogue humour that showcases some dark edges but nothing unfitting for television. The show is targeted at audiences who enjoy programs such as Spaced, Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps, Monty Pythons flying Circus and The League of Gentlemen.

Each episode written will have a narrative theme. In the pilot script I have ready to submit to you the theme is basically not getting what you want, whether it is love, business, recognition, escape or help, all ultimately fall at the final hurdle when it comes to getting what they are after.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Though the characters and events went down well it was the 'randomness' of the script that didn't appeal and so it has been stated that it would be stronger if the three characters featured more solidly.

I will email the script to anyone who has an interest in being involved in this project.

Hi Scott

Not sure how 'hands on' I want to be but I'm certainly willing to read and give you some genuine feedback if you want it.

Let me know

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ June 1, 2007, 9:06 PM

Hi Scott

Not sure how 'hands on' I want to be but I'm certainly willing to read and give you some genuine feedback if you want it.

Let me know

Dan

Me too!

I'm certainly interested. :)

PM me your emails and I'll send the script to those interested

Cheers for all the interest guys, have a read and let me know what you think, not just of the script but whether you would be interested in being involved and what you propose need changing. I'm not precious and so if alterations make for the better then great. I look forward to hearing from you and anyone else if anybody else would also like to be involved then PM me your email address and I'll email the script straight to you.

When I clicked on the attachment on your email, it loaded up a blank web page. :(

Me too, I thought my comp was going stoopid!

I'm glad I'm not the only one - I thought I was going stoopid!

Do you have script smart? 'Cos I don't.

No. Maybe you need that? Maybe we are stoopid! Actually, I'm sure it should open as a Word document.

No, my fault, I'll send it again

Let me know if there are any problems this time. The first page of the script is actually a picture so page one may come up blank while picture loads but following pages should be fine.