Script writers wanted Page 4

So, where do we go from here?

Are we going to take these characters and create a whole new plot/story or are we going to develop these existing plots?

Has this project died or am I being impatient again?

Have you e-mailed Scott on this? He told me he was really busy at work, and to be honest I haven't seen much of him on the board lately.

He disappeared just after I told him my great new idea for a sitcom
GRRRRR!
:D

Ah ha! Now we know what he's been doing for the last week. Whistling nnocently

Hello all, I thought everyone had lost interest because I haven't been getting any email notifications when people have replied on the thread for some reason.

Okay, well in reply to Andrews earlier question about creating new storylines, I have thought we would create either a totally new script OR rewrite the original sitcom script which was based around Barsteward taking over the family pub on the coast and wanting to make it an amazing success even though it seems all the people who should be helping him are in fact ruining his big dream.

I liked the basic idea of the original script but I think it needed better dialogue between characters, but saying that I prefered the way the characters behaved in the Sketch script, I liked the characters being more out there and weird, for example, in the original script Barsteward is a bit arogant and ego driven but overall he is just a normal person with big dreams surrounded by losers, whereas in the sketch scipt, the scenes that Barsteward is in, you see him as a more manic character because he'll do ANYTHING to accomplish his dream, like when he dresses up as the pied piper to lead the alcholics from the AA meeting to his pub which results in a massive disater. Likewise his brother in the original script is just a lazy loverat whereas in the sketch script he too is a strange and weird character who will restort to going over the top measures to get his own way like when he plays his magic flute to use his Umpa Lumpa like creatures in the cellar to dispose of their nearest rival.

There is a lot of material and a lot of possibilities and I think the characters and the scenerios we can create could be fresh and original and since the premise is set in a pub there is a huge wealth of subjects and other characters we could involve.

I would like to hear other peoples views on the project as I see this as a team effort and everyone has an equal say, and once everyone has laid down there own plans we can start putting it all together as a group

Here we go then I think make it very dialogue centric based around the bar, (limited sets good for production costs). Make it multi layered for example not everything is resolved in one episode 6 episodes down the road something is still going on make a time line but main stories wrap up in 1 ep.

One thing i found was the last script was way to "busy", I would like to keep the big bar fight with the guys hiding under the table reaching for peanuts whilst the brawl is going on. But why not start the episode there? have a Non-linear Timeline.

I would strip it right back to basics.

We could basically combine the two scripts together. We could take the characters from the second script and put them into the storyline from the first.

I don't think I've sent the original script to Gavin, you mention you'd like to see things go unresolved and the original script had that in bundles, in fact I don't think anything got resolved because the first episode just sets up all of the scenerios and it just gives you a snap shot of how it is never going to work for our anti-hero.

I'll email you over the original script now and then you can let us know on here what you think. The suggestion of a non linear timeline (Pulp Fiction style) could be brillant if we pulled it off right but that is a fine art so definitely something to discuss.

Quote: earman2009 @ June 25, 2007, 8:01 PM

We could basically combine the two scripts together. We could take the characters from the second script and put them into the storyline from the first.

That is what I was thinking and would like to do.

Anyone who wants to be involved in this project and has not yet seen the original 'SITCOM' script let me know. There were two barstewards scripts (in fact the original script had two titles, 1st was Barstools and Locals and the 2nd was Come Again Please). Just to make clear there are two exisiting scripts, the original was a standard sitcom, whereas the second was a surreal sketch show losely based around the characters and location of the original script.

Quote: Scott Evans @ June 1, 2007, 6:09 PM

Hi

I have a completed script which has got good feedback but with a continued comment that it has interesting scenarios, good characters and a strong unique style but it needs structuring better. I am looking for writers to work with me on this script which I can then reply to the individuals at the production companies who have contacted me.

I am happy to email the script to any partners who join the team and we have our discussions about the project here on this thread.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Best regards

Scott

me me me me me me me me me me me

Me. Did I suggest me? I second it.

Hi Ed, I'll get the two existing scripts sent over to you later this evening and will look forward to your involvement

Quote: Scott Evans @ June 26, 2007, 8:23 AM

Hi Ed, I'll get the two existing scripts sent over to you later this evening and will look forward to your involvement

To quote the Cybermen "Excellent"

Quote: Scott Evans @ June 1, 2007, 6:09 PM

Hi

I have a completed script which has got good feedback but with a continued comment that it has interesting scenarios, good characters and a strong unique style but it needs structuring better. I am looking for writers to work with me on this script which I can then reply to the individuals at the production companies who have contacted me.

I am happy to email the script to any partners who join the team and we have our discussions about the project here on this thread.

Look forward to hearing from you all

Best regards

Scott

Keep it up!

where have I heard that before?