Script writers wanted Page 8

This is moving on nicely. Looks really good.

I think that is good and nice addition with the priests girlfriend getting a job at the pub. How about this for a twist on the barperson vaccancy:

Ben needs staff, his brother has had a great plan and unbeknown to everyone he is at the AA meeting (even the audience dont know why he is there we just see snippets of him at this sombre meeting until at the end he reveals his glorious plan that results in the explosive finale), his father is unfit to work and he dare not release his mother on the unsuspecting locals (she has a terrible temper and along with her dog can be lethal). All he has at the moment is the priest but that isnt enough because he is expecting it to be packed, he needs at least one other staff member (maybe two, 1 being the priest partner and the second barmaid can be the object of his affection).

We see Ben desperately waiting to interview people but no one turns up because something terrible happens to each one on the way, cue following scenes:

1.Couple in bed, man gets superglued sketch
2.Man gets chased by rival football fans and then attacked by God who is also a rival football fan
3.One of the rival football thugs is also due to be interviewed but after fight gets arrested and sentensed to be ginger

What we'll have to come up with soon is a time sheet. Hopefully Andrew I will get to read your revised script tonight, had something on which has kept me up working til the small hours for the last few days

Hey - I'd be interested in getting involved in this. Happy to help out with feedback and/or editing

Quote: Geoff Spiteri @ July 11, 2007, 5:11 PM

Hey - I'd be interested in getting involved in this. Happy to help out with feedback and/or editing

Hi Geoff! Don't think we need anymore writers, but an editor may be handy. I don't know if we have someone to do that yet. Feedback is always welcome. :)

Is it just me or has Scott disappeared?

Hello, been really really busy I'm afraid, I will get back into this ASAP but if anyone has any questions please do ask. What we need to work on next is a time line and once we have that we can start building dialogue and actions around it

Good to see you haven't dissappeared.

It would appear that without Scott, this project isn't going to go anywhere. Does everyone agree that with basically got the characters sorted out?

Agreed basically we have people a plot but no drive as Scott is busy I suggest since all theDevil's Blurb people are gone/ busy we shift this to be the group project any objections??

Hi

Unfortunately at the moment we are really snowed under, plus I'm just about to go to Brum for a week but if people keep this going I will stay involved, whenever I get a email nofication to say a message has been posted I have a look like I have today.

What needs to be done next is a time line, a basic one just outlining what happens in each scene and how we want to plan the episode out, once we have that we can start developing each individual scene and dialogue

Okay. Here's a rough idea of how I picture the first episode panning out:

Opening Scene

Tony is at a nightclub. An animated Beer glass convinces him to shag Becky, the barmaid.

Scene 2 – Ben is interviewing someone. This person has no chance of getting the job. Ben complains to Tony about how nobody that he’s interview has come close to meeting the requirements. We find out that the pub is opening that night (or soon) and he needs at least one more staff member. Ben worries that nobody is going to turn up for the opening and the whole things going to be a disaster. Tony has an idea. He leaves.

Scene 3 - Father Zack throws Jesus out of his church.

Scene 4 - Jesus sketch.

Scene 5 – Father Zack is now at the pub. He asks about Tony. Ben doesn’t know where he is.

Scene 6 – Scene with Tony at the AA meeting.

Scene 7 – Father Zack complains about being unable to dump his girlfriend.

Scene 8 – Father Zack and Jasmine in the bedroom

Scene 9 – Ben worries that Anthony is going to do so something stupid just like he did with his father’s pub.

Scene 10 – Tony and Umpa Lumpas

Scene 11 – Ben has an idea. He’s going throw a sophisticated party. He again wonders where Anthony is.

Scene 12 – Tony at the AA meeting part two.

Scene 13 – Never mind worrying about Tony. What about the people to be interviewed? Where are they?

Scene 14 – A Man is talking to a friend. He mentions the interview he’s got coming up. The man (hopefully a Man City fan) gets chased by rival football fans (Man Utd) and then attacked by God who is also a rival football fan. *

Scene 15 - Couple in bed, man gets super glued sketch.

Scene 16 – One of the rival football thugs is also due to be interviewed but after fight gets arrested and sentenced to be ginger.

Scene 17 – Father Zack returns from somewhere (a shop?). An excited Ben introduces him to Jasmine, the new staff member, unaware that she is Father Zack’s girlfriend. This is not good news for Ben because he hired her because he was attracted to her. Ben does not tell Father Zack this, but us viewers can tell.

Scene 18 – Ben’s party is going well. But where’s Tony?

Scene 19 – Tony piped piper’s the Alcoholics from the AA meeting to the pub and chaos erupts.

* I actually have a hat that says, “God is a Man Utd fan”. You can’t argue with the hat!!

A few things to note. I haven't included the parents in the plan above, but that doesn't mean they can't be in the script at all. I'm sure there's room for them somewhere. I also have excluded the gay penis. I'm not sure if that sketch would fit in the first episode. What has it got to do with the storyline? Maybe it should be saved for a future episode? Of course if someone can find a place for it in this script, then by al means include it.

Anyway, peoples thoughts?

Thats spot on but as you will have noticed I have been very quiet lately and that is 100% down to being run off my feet at the moment with a few big design projects so please do accept my apologies. It would be a shame for this project to slip away into the dusty corners of the forums but for the moment I really haven't got the time to start stringing this together.

That's fine. We'll put this project on pause for the time being. :)

I pm'd Scott a few days ago to see if he was ready to kick start this project, but I've got no answer so far. I wonder what that means for this project? It'd be a shame if this is droped. I was looking forward to working on it. :(

I may be late but is there any chance I could get involved in this project, it sounds pretty good from what I've read.

I'm not sure if you've got a script so far, but if so if you wouldn't mind sending me it so that I can have a read through that would be great.