Peep Show - Series 7 Page 16

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2010, 1:12 PM GMT

Fellating puppies.

Soots said he wants to know what they were doing, not what you want them to be doing.

Dirty girl!

Great end to another great series. And even better on repeat viewing. So much you miss the first time.

Brilliant appearances from Johnson (the full Bond), Super Hans (that whole sequence with the party that was too much for him was hysterical) and Big Suze (who just didn't want their 'kind' at her party).

And a really good, almost moving ending as well, because half of you wants them as characters to move on but comedy-wise you know they definitely shouldn't.

Oh and Jez, "Never the Hootenanny" has always been my New Years Philosophy!

The best episode of the series for me. Great to see so many regular characters again.

I can see possibilities for the next series to feature story lines with Sophie the careless parent and Mark the anxious parent - a nice reverse on a comedy cliche.

"Never the Hootenanny!" was one of my favourite lines.

Ahhh, some prime Johnson at last.

Probably the best episode of the series.

Quote: Griff @ December 30 2010, 11:01 AM GMT

Peep Show is, to me, as good as any sitcom ever written. I know that's not a view shared by everyone.

It's not? It should be.

I love you, Peep Show. Hug

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 30 2010, 11:34 AM GMT

I'm not wrong though, am I? Mark would totally know that.

I dunno, I don't see him as someone with a deep knowledge of the cinema of Clint Eastwood really.

My feelings towards this series are that it was, perhaps too easily, the best Brit sitcom series broadcast this year. Having said that, it didn't always feel like top drawer Peep, certainly compared to the year before. Maybe that feeling will change when I watch it through again.

Anyway, it was still great regardless, very happy that we'll be getting more.

Oh, and next year, more Johnson!

Another brilliant series of Peep Show. Quality of writing is as good as it's ever been in my opinion and episodes 3 and 4 are up there with my favourite of all time.
Series 8 in Spring 2012, it seems so far away :(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 31 2010, 11:48 PM GMT

I dunno, I don't see him as someone with a deep knowledge of the cinema of Clint Eastwood really.

He knew it wasn't "Sex IN the City", and I doubt he watched that show.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 2 2011, 2:15 PM GMT

He knew it wasn't "Sex IN the City", and I doubt he watched that show.

To be fair, I knew that and don't watch it, but wouldn't have known for certain if it was Unforgiven, or THE Unforgiven. *Shrugs*

I know it's Unforgiven, but whenever I talk about I'll always refer to it as The Unforgiven. Even if it is wrong, it sounds better.

Quote: Matmerismo @ January 2 2011, 1:53 AM GMT

Series 8 in Spring 2012, it seems so far away :(

I'm glad. I wouldn't want them to feel they have to bang out series a year and risk the quality slipping. And 2012 isn't that far off.

I thoroughly enjoyed series 7! I thought it was a vast improvement on series 6 which aside from the party episode felt like a letdown. Jeremy is less annoying this series (I didn't like him being with Elena very much) and I actually felt really sorry for him in the Christmas episode buying Mark good presents and getting some old salad tongs in return!
Mark going mad over the turkey was so funny! Never seen him get that worked up.
The thought of them not living together saddened me - it won't be the same! I hope they have decent plots for the next 2 series..it does seem like they've run out of ideas as far as Jeremy is concerned. I do prefer the long-running plots of the early series rather than random episodes that don't really follow on that much.

The last episode was great. The ending really made me laugh out loud. Reminded me of when I watched episode 1 of series 1 and it had a similarly violent ending.

Good ending, but in the tradition of finding something to moan about, I'll say; Jez brought his downfall upon himself, which was fine, but perhaps it would have been even better if he had been more of a victim of circumstance. It's quite funny to see him being beaten up and losing his girlfriend, but I'd like to see it happen even though he didn't deserve it.

Quote: Ben @ January 3 2011, 9:22 PM GMT

Reminded me of when I watched episode 1 of series 1 and it had a similarly violent ending.

What was that again? Mark chasing those chav kids?