Peep Show - Series 7 Page 18

This thread has inspired me to watch my Peep Show boxset this weekend, really is a hilarious show, I love Alan Johnson in the earlier series.

Quote: Aaron @ October 26 2010, 12:25 PM GMT

You've not searched very far!

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/peep_show/

This could be a series too far like "Friends" when they all started shagging each other.

" A sitcom about two socially dysfunctional twenty-somethings who share a flat in South London. David Mitchell and Robert Webb star"

Twenty-somethings? They're both in their late 30s! Is it that unthinkable to have characters over 30 that every show has to pretend their actors are a decade younger than they are, even though they act like 30-somethings anyway?

Quote: Harridan @ March 2 2012, 8:43 AM GMT

" A sitcom about two socially dysfunctional twenty-somethings who share a flat in South London. David Mitchell and Robert Webb star"

Twenty-somethings? They're both in their late 30s! Is it that unthinkable to have characters over 30 that every show has to pretend their actors are a decade younger than they are, even though they act like 30-somethings anyway?

I suspect the BCG's blurb is just out of date.

Quote: chipolata @ March 2 2012, 9:32 AM GMT

I suspect the BCG's blurb is just out of date.

Sssshhh! I'm complaining, don't be all reasonable about it!

I believe they were supposed to be somewhere in their late 20s when the series started. The blurb probably should be changed, but it's not immediately obvious what to, as 'thirty-somethings' then loses relevance to the first few series of the programme.

Quote: Aaron @ March 2 2012, 12:28 PM GMT

I believe they were supposed to be somewhere in their late 20s when the series started. The blurb probably should be changed, but it's not immediately obvious what to, as 'thirty-somethings' then loses relevance to the first few series of the programme.

How about "young men" instead?

I wondered if that might sound also like it's implying 20s, or seeming a bit condescending?

How about just 'men'. Their age isn't really crucial to the blurb, is it?

There we go, ambiguity sorted. :)

I feel so powerful...what else shall I moan about?

Quote: Harridan @ March 2 2012, 4:09 PM GMT

How about just 'men'. Their age isn't really crucial to the blurb, is it?

Yes it is because they live the lifestyle of young men ie they get drunk, chase girls and go to clubs etc etc. In an early series David Mitchell bedded a schoolgirl.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 4:33 PM GMT

Yes it is because they live the lifestyle of young men ie they get drunk, chase girls and go to clubs etc etc. In an early series David Mitchell bedded a schoolgirl.

If anything, the point about their age is surely the disconnect between how old they are and how old they act? Mark sleeping with that young girl was funny because it was so inappropriate.

Quote: Harridan @ March 2 2012, 4:36 PM GMT

If anything, the point about their age is surely the disconnect between how old they are and how old they act? Mark sleeping with that young girl was funny because it was so inappropriate.

So it's funny that they get through so many young women ? It strikes me as pretty sexist.

Guess we've been watching a different show.