Peep Show - Series 7 Page 14

Does anybody else think that baby Whatevertheydecidedhisnamewas has been rather underused this series?

I have been slightly surprised by how little it has impacted the show. It hasn't been shown to have affected their lives at all. Which is odd. Why make Mark a Dad and then do nothing with it?

It's as if these episodes should have been chronologically pre-baby.

Hmm..

I think I speak for a large portion of my "inner circle of friends" when I say, I was expecting all sorts of baby related hi-jinks this series... Still... maybe Sam and Jess tried to guess what were we thinking and thought it would be "too obvious" to make ickle Ian James a pivotal plot point...

Not that I'm complaining. Personally loved the series and with two more commissioned I bet we've got some baby action coming!

On reflection the phrase 'baby action coming' was a little ill advised...

x

I for one am glad Peep Show has taken a leaf out of Friends book and largely decided to ignore the baby. Comedy-wise babies are pretty dull and limited, and add nothing to a show.

Quote: chipolata @ December 27 2010, 7:24 PM GMT

I for one am glad Peep Show has taken a leaf out of Friends book and largely decided to ignore the baby. Comedy-wise babies are pretty dull and limited, and add nothing to a show.

This.

Quote: Griff @ December 26 2010, 8:32 PM GMT

I noticed that Mark's baby wasn't mentioned in the Peep Show ep. Does that mean (presumably) that he hasn't told his parents? (Or was it mentioned, and I missed it?)

Fantastic episode again BTW.

The baby was mentioned early on in the episode, whilst Jez was tuning in Classic FM on the radio and Mark was considering giving Sarah his old copy of SuperFreakonomics as a Christmas present.

Cauliflower is not traditional.

Definitely not.
We still had it though.

I remember the Freakonomics part, but not the mention of the baby.

Quote: zooo @ December 29 2010, 12:33 AM GMT

Definitely not.
We still had it though.

I remember the Freakonomics part, but not the mention of the baby.

JEREMY
Nice to have your family here for Christmas.
MARK
Well - not really. But the point is, I'm in charge! I've launched the Christmas
putsch. I carve the turkey, I decide what veg we have. No cauliflower. No-one
else has it - it's not a tradition.
JEREMY
Christmas is coming home! Ding Dong Merrily on Mark!
MARK
Exactly. Now I'm a father it's like I'm a proper person.
(PICKS UP A PHOTO OF BABY IAN)
And Ian is like Jupiter - his colossal gravity drawing them inexorably into my festive bear trap.
JEREMY
Isn't Ian with Sophie today?
MARK
Of course, but as far as my family know that was a 'last minute change of plan'!
Ha ha ha.

I don't remember that at all!
What on earth was I doing??

Clips from the last episode are up on C4.com.

Looks like they've been saving all the good material for the last episode.

Or... or those were the only two funny bits in the episode.

Is it on tonight?

Yes. 10pm. New Years episode.

Good end to the series. Loved Johnson wearing the wetsuit under his tux for the "proper" James Bond effect. :)

My, this series seems to have come and gone quickly though... :(

I wanna put my dick in the Dob!
Nearly cried at the last exchange between Mark and Jez. :-(