Peep Show - Series 7 Page 12

Quote: Mark @ December 21 2010, 1:09 PM GMT

Someone who knows about these kind of things told me that the Christmas special on Friday is the funniest episode for ages

Not sure it was quite as good as all this, but I enjoyed it a lot. Mark's parents were good and the cross-cut paper shredder made me LOL. Can't quite believe next week's is the last of the series already.

Merry Markmas!

Great episode. Mark's dad is horrible!

Thought it was just a bit ... eh. Alright, but y'know, not the best episode. Nothing special, certainly.

It was good but they didn't really sell Jeremy's Christmas hang ups or why Mark was so embarassed about Dobby

His not standing up for her crossed from comedy to pathetic tragedy

It captured quite well the weirdness that is Christmas Day.

Quote: sootyj @ December 25 2010, 12:07 AM GMT

As is the case with every great Peep Show moment.

My favourite episode of this series, by far.

Quote: evo morales @ December 25 2010, 12:25 AM GMT

As is the case with every great Peep Show moment.

My favourite episode of this series, by far.

I second that. I thought it was fantastic. Laughed my head off but I wouldn't expect anything less from a Peep Show Christmas.

Super Hans was genius and he hardly did anything, he just was there. :D

Quote: sootyj @ December 25 2010, 12:07 AM GMT

It was good but they didn't really sell Jeremy's Christmas hang ups or why Mark was so embarassed about Dobby

I don't think they really needed to explain either of their motivations much as the characters are fairly well established. Jez has always been over emotional over any kind of rejection from someone he cares for... his mom's holiday with "Mr. Potatohead" is a massive rejection to him. Mark always wants to appear to be what he considers the societal norm... so one would think he would want his girlfriend to appear that way as well.

I really liked the way Jeremy really expects all his family's traditions to be followed and didn't care for or cater too any of Mark's family's traditions... that's so Jeremy.

What were the top 2 episodes from the Channel 4 night? I'd say Shrooming and The Wedding would be my tops.

I didn't really follow the whole night, but they showed the episode where Mark is ill and the door comes off the bathroom, so I think that was the number one favourite episode.
I do like that one. Love that Jeremy is scared the manual labourer will find out he's 'not proper'.

I thought it was really good, as it usually is, but there was potential for the Dad to be a lot funnier than he actually was.

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2010, 3:19 PM GMT

I didn't really follow the whole night, but they showed the episode where Mark is ill and the door comes off the bathroom, so I think that was the number one favourite episode.
I do like that one. Love that Jeremy is scared the manual labourer will find out he's 'not proper'.

The Wedding was actually number one and then they showed the toilet/magic mushroom episode as a bonus (I guess it was number two in the vote).

Both were much better than the latest, Christmas episode, in my opinion, which seemed a bit "Peep Show" by numbers, although I thought the role reversal of Mark and Jez was quite funny (Jez having money to buy decent presents, cooking the dinner etc)

Ahh I see. So they showed the Wedding episode too? Wish I'd seen them both.

The role reversal this series has been fun. Mark would be far better equipped to survive the recession, and more likely to have got a decent job. Meanwhile, Jeremy's job is more than a little unconvincing.

I do hope this isn't the end of Mark and Dobby. She's so sexy. So so sexy.