Peep Show - Series 7 Page 13

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 25 2010, 5:54 PM GMT

The Wedding was actually number one and then they showed the toilet/magic mushroom episode as a bonus (I guess it was number two in the vote).

Excellent, I do love it when my opinion meshes with the broader consensus. The Series 4 or 5 DVD has the top 10 Peep Show moments as a special feature and I remember feeling they got that mostly wrong.

When Dobby tells you to "f**k off", you stay f**ked off. She and Mark are two of the best swearers* on television.

* I'm not sure 'swearers' is actually a word, but bollocks to it.

Yeah, she has a hint of 'fook' to her f**k. So it sounds more intimidating.

Quote: sootyj @ December 25 2010, 12:07 AM GMT

It was good but they didn't really sell /../ why Mark was so embarassed about Dobby

Yes, that felt weird. It would have been so easy to do, what with his parents being so crap.

Good episode in places though.

Note to Mark: stomach ulcers are not caused by stress.

I've just watched "Peep Show and Tell" and they used a lot of clips that looked like webcams or video diaries from fans.
Anybody know if there's a website like that somewhere...?

Thanks.

I hate and hated these webcam segments. Fook off, who cares what some knob thinks. I want interesting insights from the stars, creators and that's all.

The worst part of the documentary by far was the read-through and all the fake laughter at every single line.

Yeah, fake laughter.

A very enjoyable Christmas episode. Somehow Mark's parents weren't quite as I imagined them to be - but then again, I'm totally sure how I imagined them - so no complaints there really. For a story showing how miserable Christmas Day with family (especially other people's family) can be, it did its job very well. Agree with the comment about how Super Hans presence, although mostly muted, helped make the episode.

I imagined his dad being clever and nice. :(
Like him but 60.

Quote: zooo @ December 26 2010, 7:37 PM GMT

I imagined his dad being clever and nice. :(

But surely we knew that he and Mark didn't get on? It's alluded to several times over the previous six series, dear. Hence I didn't really expect him to be nice at all - well, not in a "nice" Mark way. ;)

I don't always remember stuff like that.
Either that or I ignore it and make my own stuff up.

They didn't allude to the back-story of Mark's Mum having an affair either. Though the way they wrote her character certainly made that more believable.

Quote: zooo @ December 26 2010, 7:41 PM GMT

Either that or I ignore it and make my own stuff up.

If they ever release a Peep Show dolls house of Mark & Jez's flat, together with figures of all the characters, I will definitely buy it for your birthday. You can then play made-up Peep Show for hours on end. (Whilst Aaron plays with his Action Man Blakey in the other room.) :)

Good point either it's going to be a brilliantly incisive gag in the final episode.

Or they forgot.

Or he'll step out of the shower and the last 2 series will have been a dream.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 26 2010, 7:48 PM GMT

If they ever release a Peep Show dolls house of Mark & Jez's flat, together with figures of all the characters, I will definitely buy it for your birthday. You can then play made-up Peep Show for hours on end. (Whilst Aaron plays with his Action Man Blakey in the other room.) :)

Awesome plan.
I could make my own Mark and Jez's flat out of a shoe box, Blue Peter style.