Peep Show - Series 7 Page 11

Really enjoyed it again and I like how this series their fortunes have swapped; Jeremy has a job and money, Mark's got a sex life.

Only thing that ruined it for me in this episode is that a Christening is not an official baby naming ceremony, and it wouldn't really matter what names were given in it, and I think most people know that (otherwise unbaptised people wouldn't have a name). The baby's name would have been decided when the birth was registered, which has to be done within 42 days of the birth - nearly always before a Christening ceremony. So if the birth hadn't been registered yet, the name could still be changed and if it had been registered it doesn't matter what the baby was 'named' in the baptism.

Quote: sootyj @ December 18 2010, 2:55 PM GMT

Nah it worked economy old bean

He's such anal inhibited type, that faced with Sophe he just can't say anything.

I do hope he gets a job, I mean this whole role reversal with Jez is ace. But I'm bordering on a sympathy suicide

That is what the internal monologue is for! :D

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 18 2010, 3:04 PM GMT

Really enjoyed it again and I like how this series their fortunes have swapped; Jeremy has a job and money, Mark's got a sex life.

Only thing that ruined it for me in this episode is that a Christening is not an official baby naming ceremony, and it wouldn't really matter what names were given in it, and I think most people know that (otherwise unbaptised people wouldn't have a name). The baby's name would have been decided when the birth was registered, which has to be done within 42 days of the birth - nearly always before a Christening ceremony. So if the birth hadn't been registered yet, the name could still be changed and if it had been registered it doesn't matter what the baby was 'named' in the baptism.

Yeah, but Sophie would have made her mind up.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ December 18 2010, 3:04 PM GMT

Only thing that ruined it for me in this episode is that a Christening is not an official baby naming ceremony, and it wouldn't really matter what names were given in it, and I think most people know that

I totally knew that. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Leevil @ December 18 2010, 3:07 PM GMT

Yeah, but Sophie would have made her mind up.

You mean if they hadn't registered it yet? Yeah, I think Sophie would have her own way whatever. I think Mark just making it to Christening, with Jez a reluctant godfather, was enough of a driving force to the story without the naming bit.

I've just learnt via Twitter that David Mitchell's father is called "Ian".

:O

Poor Mark is so sad without his money.

Now Peep Show is a quality comedy. Hats off.

I always enjoy an episode of Peep Show more the second time I watch it, the only show I get like that. Anyone else like this?

No, I often find the same thing. Some very good lines will pass me by the first time around. It's usually such a tight and fast-paced show (at 23.5 mins, to be very good, it needs to be) that I will appreciate it more on the second viewing.

Don't think the last series was quite as good as those before it but still by far one of my favourite shows and easily one of the best things on TV. Think this series so far has been a welcome return to form. I find the way Mark gets totally humiliated time and time again to be a bit jarring (especially the last scene of Friday's episode where his son was named Ian because he couldn't get to the Christening - there's nowhere near enough putting down of Jeff) but I suppose it's because I care about the character.

Although I'll probably be shamed off of the internet, I have to say I don't get the appeal of Super Hans and it's his scenes which I enjoy the least. Sure, he's a decent enough character but according to some he's one of the funniest people in sitcom history.

Someone who knows about these kind of things told me that the Christmas special on Friday is the funniest episode for ages - I'm trying to keep my expectations in-check, but looking forward to it!