Gavin & Stacey Page 38

accepted*

;)

Quote: Aaron @ April 25 2008, 7:35 PM BST

Still can't see where that comparison is coming from.

http://www.optimax.co.uk/

Rolling eyes

Quote: Aaron @ April 26 2008, 10:08 AM BST

accepted*

;)

You realise that if two people were engaged in conversation and you butted in to correct their grammar you would be regarded a complete tool?

I think it's a bit late to avert that risk.

Quote: M Lewis @ April 26 2008, 10:06 AM BST

apology expected ;)

Isn't it here yet? :)

Was it Margaret Thatcher who said... 'education is a dangerous thing, especially for the ignorant.'

Quote: Marc P @ April 29 2008, 10:22 AM BST

Was it Margaret Thatcher who said... 'education is a dangerous thing, especially for the ignorant.'

?

Why not wait and see how things pan out before you start to make personal judgements?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ April 25 2008, 4:19 PM BST

I always assumed the phrase 'stupid common people' referred to the middle classes, not the lower classes. After all, there's nothing more homogenous than the middle classes. They all drink wine for example, whereas working class people drink anything from Cinzano to White Lightning. And most middle class people are very stupid, they're just well educated, which hides a multitude of sins.

That was the post I was responding to. Quite why it jumped into your spat I have no idea. But rest assured Old Cow I was referring to neither of you with my comment.

Which was just a silly made up thing anyway - if you read what it actually says!

:)

Quote: Marc P @ April 29 2008, 10:53 AM BST

That was the post I was responding to. Quite why it jumped into your spat I have no idea. But rest assured Old Cow I was referring to neither of you with my comment.

Which was just a silly made up thing anyway - if you read what it actually says!

:)

Ah :$ Apologies for jumping the gun. Again.

OK for all those I offend in future on this site, and believe me I have a very large shoe size and a mouth to fit, please accept my apologies in advance.

*Scuttles offline*

Oh....what is occuring? Crikey, its all a bit heated on this forum isn't it...whew! Anyhoo (I meant to spell that hoo, its onomatopoeic) I was wondering if any of you clever chaps and chapesses can confirm for me that Nessa's full name is Vanessa Shanessa Jenkins? I've just read elsewhere that her name is just Shanessa Jenkins but that can't be right because I remember howling st Vanessa Shanessa! I'll be devastated if I'm wrong!!!! Tidy ;)

I'm pretty sure she said that a couple of episodes ago, yep!

Quote: Daveep @ April 30 2008, 7:22 PM BST

I was wondering if any of you clever chaps and chapesses can confirm for me that Nessa's full name is Vanessa Shanessa Jenkins?

Hi Daveep. Yup, I too seem to remember her checking into the hospital under that name.

Quote: Rob B @ April 25 2008, 12:18 AM BST

Gavin and Stacey is fairly enjoyable to watch, but it's not a comedy in my opinion, and definately not a sitcom. Actually it's not even the best show Corden and Horne have appeared in together which was Teachers. Now Teachers was a show!

Think that's why this show divides people on the site. It's not a sitcom, it's a half-hour continuing comedy-drama. They could have produced each series as three one hour shows. It starts out with good characters, but doesn't use them to full potential. A lot of the ongoing story arcs are predictable and there is some really lazy writing. A sitcom, however unconventional, ties up all the loose ends of a plot within 30 mins, even if that plot is part of an ongoing storyline. G&S is written more as a soap with a few jokes. (And James Corden should remember that pride cometh before a fall.)

Ah, another G & S basher, this site is full of 'em. Theyre all wrong of course, but theyre secure in their bile!