Eurovision Song Contest Page 7

Do you play the horn Wfk?

I play bass and worked in the music industry briefly.

Hey wjfk... I play bass too... I worked as a session guy (bass/vocals) for a bit!

What bass(es) have you got? Do you still gig?

And I used to be a flautist!

Strange, but true. There`s a serious side (somewhere) `neath this piratie hair!

Knickers!

It`s absolutely true!

What can you play clapdown races? lol foghorn Leghorn rule do..do..do Dar

Laughing out loud

I played a lot of stuff!

Can you play Verdi Requiem Mass: Dies Irae?

I haven`t played that, but I did play a lot of jazz, classical & opera!

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ May 15, 2007, 12:24 PM

Hey wjfk... I play bass too... I worked as a session guy (bass/vocals) for a bit!

What bass(es) have you got? Do you still gig?

I play in a shit band just as something to do. They are truly appalling.I don't really do anything anymore. I have an old Ibanez Roadstar passive. It makes a real J Pastorius sound.

Although I love a lot of different styles (Jaco being one of my favourite players), I grew up being heavily influenced by Mark King.

During my sixth form days, I played in a function band at weekends for cash (Freemasons events, that kind of thing - very weird!). I originally had a Yamaha BB1100s that I'd customised (pick-ups) but as soon as I'd made enough money, I went straight down to the Bass Centre in Wapping (sadly no longer there) and spent a whole day trying pretty much every bass they had.

I'd almost gone through their entire stock when the guy in the shop pulled a flight case off the shelf and opened it up... it was a bit like that scene in 'Pulp Fiction' when the case is opened and the golden light spills out...

Inside was a Status headless Series II. It was love (sad I know) at first sight. And boy, was it smooth to play. Nice and even across the 'board. Great for slapping and finger styles. Cost me £1500 but worth every penny.

Status basses are custom made to order, by Rob Green, a craftsman and all 'round good guy.

Rob, in conjunction with Mark King, recently created the KingBass. The five prototypes made during development came up for sale and I bought both number 1 & 2. They were signed by Mark and now have pride of place on a wall in my house.

I don't do session work or play in a band anymore... gave it all up when I got sick of the bad attitudes and egos that normally go hand in hand with the business. I do miss it sometimes... but not enough to get back out there.

If you want to see some Status basses here's a link:

http://www.status-graphite.com/status/carts3/frames/frame1.htm

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ May 16, 2007, 11:33 AM

Inside was a Status headless Series II. It was love (sad I know) at first sight. And boy, was it smooth to play. Nice and even across the 'board. Great for slapping and finger styles. Cost me £1500 but worth every penny.

This seems a bit pervy to me.

While I could only blow mine :(

I play guitar, lets form a band.