Eurovision Song Contest Page 2

I've just seen a advert for it, and what we have going to....wherever the hell it is, i think it is europe somewhere, dear o dear, we will be the laughing the stock of the world, ow wait i forgot France already is.

Quote: zooo @ May 9, 2007, 6:54 PM

I love it 'cause of Wogan. But I hate it 'cause of Dr Who. :(

David Tennant isn't entering this year is he? should do duet with Dalek "I'd buy that for a dollar"

Finland. Remember Lordi won it last year.

Really that was the ultimate. Where can it go from there?

At least this year we've got a really camp no-hoper instead of that paedo with the school girls. What does that really say about the British voting public?

Well, it WAS a phone vote.

Hard Rock Hallelujah!!!

Because i am out of Europe...and because i never miss it (although i do have Australian Idol here) could you guys please tell me who wins...i'm dying to know!

Errr

Maybe not!

I think one of the best songs ever to have come out of the 'Vision is the one by that 'Katrina and The Waves' woman...

And we won that year! 1996? 1997?

Not a ding-a-dong-a-rong in sight!

That was a good song.

See, it can't all be politics. When we're good they do vote for us.
We're just shit most of the time.

Quote: EllieJP @ May 10, 2007, 11:11 AM

Because i am out of Europe...and because i never miss it (although i do have Australian Idol here) could you guys please tell me who wins...i'm dying to know!

Errr

Maybe not!

Well - I know it won't be Rouyamme Uni.

Quote: zooo @ May 10, 2007, 5:57 PM

That was a good song.

See, it can't all be politics. When we're good they do vote for us.
We're just shit most of the time.

Sad... but true.

Quote: David Chapman @ May 10, 2007, 6:54 PM

Well - I know it won't be Rouyamme Uni.

Errr... who's that? Hey, wait a minute...

Us lot. And quite frankly, I hope we get 0. :)

Nil points, nul points, zero points. I think we deserve it. We've obviously tried our best to do so.

Last night I watched some of the semi-finals. That's for the losers of Europe - apart from us because we are one of the "Big 4" - and waste - sorry spend most money on it.

Lots of leather and flamboyancy. For camopness watch Denmark. I'm sure it was a bloke.

Anyway if you've nothing better to do on Saturday night (????) sit down with a few bottles and enjoy the spectacle.

Quote: Baumski @ May 9, 2007, 2:35 PM

Alright, and if only because you can't get the damn riff out of your head, what's your annoyingly favourite song? For better of worse mine's 'Ding ding a dong' by Teach In, God damn it.

Mein Gott! LOL. That went through my head the other day.

Denmark's entry was a transvestite, with a song titled "Drama Queen". LOL!

Ukraine's entry will be their local Dame Edna, hugely popular in Russian speaking part of the world.

Latvia sent baritone sextet with a tongue-in-cheek quasi-opera tune, sung in Italian. They actually won the semi-finals, unofficial results say.
As to the popularity... just one fact - Eurovision finals, despite lots of scorns and ridicule it attracts, year after year has been THE most watched program in Latvia, beating even broadcasts of Latvian national team games in annual ice hockey championship (that's something like football world cup for UK).

The best song I've ever heard was from Belgian band Urban Trad, pseudo-folk tune, something I'd actually listen to.
you can see it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQlsvWMWBo