Eurovision Song Contest

One of the TV highlights of the year. Don't laugh.

Not for the music obviously but the whole Euro feel.

I was working at an exhibition in Germany a few years ago and there were loads of us from different countries watching it in a bar. Great evening.

At least they dont take themselves to seriously like Brit award and all that lot, my music is my being and all that bollocks. Mind you I'd agree if it meant getting a helping of Joss Stone....Any way always a good drinking show is eurovision and Booing at results in a drunken stoper

Quote: Gavin @ May 9, 2007, 11:14 AM

At least they dont take themselves to seriously...

Pardon? Half the hilarity is the the rest of the participants take it VERY seriously indeed! For me, Wogan's the highlight, and the only reason to watch.

Really do they? I always took it they were just dancing about in flowery clothes for a larff like well thats changed my view on life. Wogan is hilerious of course

Wogan is the guvvner. Mind you, I lived in Belgrade for a few years and they certainly don't take it seriously. They find it as cheesy as we do.

Interesting. I suppose there are exceptions. But believe me, many of the countries (certainly the main ones) take it reeeeeeally seriously. Scarily so.

I wonder if Hilter would of entered the Eurovision if it had been around when he was bout...
edit Terrible grammer I'm afraid I meant would Hilter of had a German entry in the Eurovision see that makes more sense...just

I was on holiday in Malta a couple of years ago. The whole town stopped. People were all hanging around bars watching and cheering. They all sang the words along with the Maltese singer.

Twas very amusing

Quote: Gavin @ May 9, 2007, 12:41 PM

I wonder if Hilter would of entered the Eurovision if it had been around when he was bout...
edit Terrible grammer I'm afraid I meant would Hilter of had a German entry in the Eurovision see that makes more sense...just

would have*
grammar*
have had*

;)

Boy... do I HATE this stupid bloody contest! Not least because it means Dr. Who is not on this weekend...

But serously... what's the point? I know you can ask that of many things these days but Eurovision really takes the biscuit/gateaux/pretzel/whatever.

Trerry Wogan getting more and more drunk as the evening wears on is the only saving grace.

Quote: Aaron @ May 9, 2007, 1:36 PM

would have*
grammar*
have had*

;)

It's difficult to write when your half cut and trying to stumble way through work you know.

Alright, and if only because you can't get the damn riff out of your head, what's your annoyingly favourite song? For better of worse mine's 'Ding ding a dong' by Teach In, God damn it.

Quote: Gavin @ May 9, 2007, 12:41 PM

I love the idea of Hitler entering the Eurovision, getting all nervous before he's about to start singing. Turning around to leave when he's about to go on, but Eva stopping him and sending him out to victory.

Wogan - And it's been a German Blitzkrieg here today. Fantastic stuff from Adolf Hitler.

Quote: Gavin @ May 9, 2007, 2:00 PM

It's difficult to write when your half cut and trying to stumble way through work you know.

Half cut on Wednesday afternoon. Good work.

Quote: Baumski @ May 9, 2007, 2:35 PM

Alright, and if only because you can't get the damn riff out of your head, what's your annoyingly favourite song? For better of worse mine's 'Ding ding a dong' by Teach In, God damn it.

I`ve watched Eurovision for years & it`s such a laugh.

`Ding, ding a dong` brings it all back!

I love it 'cause of Wogan. But I hate it 'cause of Dr Who. :(