Jonathan Creek Page 6

Cough. As I said in May...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000991/bbc_one_new_jonathan_creek_detail_2013/

The last Jonathan Creek was pretty disappointing, and I can't stand Sheridan Smith!

Excellent let's hope it keeps its many charms.

Quote: Charlie Boy @ December 5 2012, 5:20 PM GMT

The last Jonathan Creek was pretty disappointing, and I can't stand Sheridan Smith!

Madness, she is great

Quote: Charlie Boy @ December 5 2012, 5:20 PM GMT

I agree. I don't know why, but she really irritates me.

I really like her, she was great in that Ronnie Biggs thing, and I much prefer her to Caroline Quentin who I really cannot stand, especially that crap thing she did on Cornwall.

Looking forward to a new episode, I was watching the Christmas special featuring Rik Mayall recently, love it. If only they could make more of them.

It's not really a normal comedy drama, in that it's more like a comedy Midsomer Murders; a mystery series. The drama's built into the suspense of the riddle. And yes, it is definitely worth making time to watch. In fact, do so today.

As for other comedy dramas, if Jeeves And Wooster doesn't entertain, there's something wrong with you.

Fresh Meat is also highly acclaimed, and A Touch Of Cloth was fabulously funny from start to finish. I always loved Hotel Babylon, but its style certainly wouldn't suit all.

A Very Peculiar Practice, released recently on DVD, always has people raving about how good it is, whilst Prospects seems to be held in similar regard and will be available to buy in a couple of months.

And then there's great stuff like Minder, which are far more drama with a subtle, knowing stream of humour throughout.

It's drama with comedy in it - like Hotel Babylon, Hustle and Doc Martin.

Quote: Ben700 @ January 12 2013, 12:17 PM GMT

I've never really been into comedy-dramas that much but I've discovered my Brother has most of Jonathan Creek on DVD and was wondering whether I should bother with it?

Would you say this is amongst the best shows that the Comedy-Drama genre has to offer? If not what good ones are there?

Jonathan Creek is a very entertaining show, with lots of humourous moments throughout. Definitely worth watching. I thought the Adam Klaus character from season 2 onward was very funny.

As for other comedy-dramas, I really like Hamish MacBeth. Great show about a cop in a small Scottish village that is filled with interesting characters.

HUGE fan of Jonathan Creek, though not seen the more "recent" stuff (since Sheridan Smith I think)... will have to catch up.

VERY exciting that it's getting a three-part series. Wish there was more, of course, but it's still great news. David Renwick is a genius.

In publicity photos, Rik Mayall's Gideon Pryke character is in a wheelchair. As Mayall had an accident in '98, is this to do with that (like a relapse thing) or is it just part of the character?

Previously, I'd only watched the 2009 New Years Day episode, but I finally got round to watching the pilot episode at the weekend. It was pretty good with some nice writing, but felt a bit long to me. I've read that the rest of the episodes tend to be shorter at 60 mins, so hopefully I'll find them less dragging.

How is this a comedy-drama? I thought it was just a mystery drama , does it have any comedy in it?