- Comedy Drama
- 1990 - 1993
- 23 (4 series)
- PG Wodehouse
- Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Mary Wimbush, Elizabeth Spriggs, Brenda Bruce, Jean Heywood, Robert Daws, Richard Dixon and others
- Clive Exton
- Robert Young, Simon Langton and Ferdinand Fairfax
- Brian Eastman
This landmark and highly-regarded series sees the characters and stories of P.G. Wodehouse's popular short stories adapted for television.
Minor aristocrat Bertram Wilberforce Wooster is one of the nicest, most well-meaning men one could wish to meat. Unfortunately for Bertie, he's also interminably dim-witted and has a habit of associating with all the wrong people.
Not all is lost, however, as Bertie's misdeeds are more than compensated for by the impeccable wit, wisdom and quick-thinking of his manservant, Jeeves.
Lovestruck girls, over-protective fathers, dotty associates and demanding aunts abound in order to prohibit Bertie from living the relaxed life he desires - and it's always down to Jeeves to save the day.
- Production company
- Laugh track
- First broadcast
- Sunday 22nd April 1990 on ITV at 8:45pm
- Last new broadcast
- Sunday 20th June 1993 on ITV at 9pm
- Length of episodes
- 1 hour
- Last repeat
- Sunday 28th August 2016 at 7:00am on Gold