Jonathan Creek Page 2

Quote: zooo @ April 4 2010, 11:20 PM BST

One thing. Who the f**k injects trees with syringes???

Trunkies.

Oh, Tim.
Tim, Tim, Tim.

:(

:D

Wow, what a disappointment. Weak mystery, poorly told. No good jokes. Sheridan Smith.

The main culprit was the listless direction - a surprise after Renwick did a goodish job with the Grinning Man - but the script was fairly lame. One of the weakest episodes and easily the worst special.

The Adam Klaus interludes were especially contrived in my view. Jonathan Creek is a bit like The IT Crowd in that there is a visible, linear decline from the first episode of the show to the last, excluding the four specials, three of which were 'special'.

Renwick stopped writing it because he'd run out of ideas and I really think he should give it over to new writers if he wants to continue it.

And where was the f**king windmill?

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ April 4 2010, 10:14 PM BST

Sheridan Smith was rather offputting, too. When sleuthing you should wear more sensible shoes, for crying out loud!

His pervious assistants never used to. Remember Carla and her not very sensible sleuthing outfits? I certainly do.

Her boots were sensible!

Did she change into stilettos without me noticing or something?

Quote: zooo @ April 5 2010, 4:40 PM BST

Her boots were sensible!

Did she change into stilettos without me noticing or something?

I'm afraid she did, zooo.

I don't remember much about Carla. Except her massive boobs. I want massive boobs like that.
:(

*hopes that bamalamafizzvaj is a girl* Errr

Well....errm.....

(Yes I am!) :P

Well it's a totally daft show anyway, I've never watched it seriously, that is to try to find holes in the plot. It wasn't a particularly convincing episode I have to say, but it did entertain me lightly for an hour or so. Sheridan Smith is nice to look at as well. As for Renwick's writing, it now seems so formulaic what he does. Yes the first few Creeks and Love Soups were quite fascinating, but now his style seems a bit stale to me. As for Davies' limited acting ability, this doesn't bother me, his character suits his effort free technique. I also miss his windmill house although the miserable git didn't seem to appreciate it.

Thought it was better than last years special, but agree where was the windmill?

Liked the whole switching bodies idea, but these recent specials are not matching the series 1-3 with Quentin.

Would suggest Renwick takes a few years to gather stories and make a series. Or at least a 3 part Christmas/Easter series. Here's to 2013... maybe...

Not every episode used to have JC's home in! (Although I would certainly like to see it again, don't get me wrong.)

Also agree that Maddy was the best assistant. I wonder if they could find a way to get her back?

Well Caroline is in an awful sitcom on BBC One, but getting her back on Creek would do it more favours before it becomes a hated show.

I only have sketchy memories of what CQ did, but surely the woman would be too heavy to perform many of his tricks. Sheridan Smith is very believable as a magician's assistant, but much less so as a sleuth herself. I'm also not a big fan of CQ's - she seems to wear a permanent smirk on her face which I find distracting, and she comes across as smug.

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but I assume The Magic Circle hate this show? How many magicians would have had their act ruined by JC revealing how the head on a plate trick worked?