Jonathan Creek

I'm really looking forward to the new episode later tonight. I saw a full length trailer for it at the BFI's David Renwick season a couple of months ago, and it does look like really good stuff. Hopefully I shan't be let down...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/jonathan_creek/episodes/2010/1/

I enjoyed the one at New Year last year, so can't wait. I absolutely love Jonathan Creek, there's not nearly enough of it on, but I guess that is Mr. Renwick's decision. Disappointed it's up against the final episode of Frost though. Why does this always happen? Two potentially great shows up against each other when usually there is bugger all on. Oh well, this is where the old sky + comes in handy.

Anyone with half a brain will record Frost and watch Creek (if they're interested in both programmes, of course): the ITV show has ad-breaks which can be fast-forwarded through if recorded! :D

Quote: Aaron @ April 4 2010, 7:17 PM BST

Anyone with half a brain will record Frost and watch Creek (if they're interested in both programmes, of course): the ITV show has ad-breaks which can be fast-forwarded through if recorded! :D

Indeed, plus Frost is a two parter, so I can watch it just before tomorrow's episode. But still, the effort of it all :D

Quote: Aaron @ April 4 2010, 7:17 PM BST

Ah.

I'm doing the opposite.

Quote: bigfella @ April 4 2010, 7:39 PM BST

Ah.

I'm doing the opposite.

Re-winding back to the adverts? :P

Quote: bigfella @ April 4 2010, 7:39 PM BST

Ah.

I'm doing the opposite.

That's silly talk. Adverts, man! Adverts!

Quote: Aaron @ April 4 2010, 7:52 PM BST

That's silly talk. Adverts, man! Adverts!

But I might want to buy a sofa. And the sale only lasts this weekend!

I watched the show tonight. It was interesting, but there were one or two things I didn't get. For example, how did Jonathan and Joey get out of that cellar with all the wood piled on top of the door? Who got them freed, if anyone?

Great ep. A bit disappointing that he was free at the end, mind.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 4 2010, 9:48 PM BST

I watched the show tonight. It was interesting, but there were one or two things I didn't get. For example, how did Jonathan and Joey get out of that cellar with all the wood piled on top of the door? Who got them freed, if anyone?

The policeman was looking around for Emily, and heard them calling and knocking.

In the old episodes, did they deliberately make the crimes so unlikely that they would be virtually impossible to perform?

Perhaps not quite to the extent of tonight's, but generally yes.

I quite enjoyed it, but agree with Aaron, I thought it was slightly dodgy that Paul McGann was free at the end. He did afterall murder someone! Sheridan Smith was rather offputting, too. When sleuthing you should wear more sensible shoes, for crying out loud!

Quote: bamalamafizzvaj @ April 4 2010, 10:14 PM BST

I quite enjoyed it, but agree with Aaron, I thought it was slightly dodgy that Paul McGann was free at the end. He did afterall murder someone!

Strictly speaking, it was the woman who did the actual murdering business! This was an okay one I thought, though you can't help but try to work bits out. When she fell out the window, I did wonder if it was actually her; and when he carried her past the gate and you lost sight of her in his arms for a bit, I wondered if any sort of switch had gone on. I suppose that's the trouble with this show when it's gone on as long as this, you're looking out and not quite believing what you're seeing, because you know it's going to turn out that you've been tricked in some way! (Quite nice to see the audio Doc and his companion together on screen!)

One thing. Who the f**k injects trees with syringes???

Is this some common activity that's passed me by?