Jonathan Creek Page 9

I enjoyed imagining a load of elderly viewers totally flummoxed by that line.

Aliens 30 years old, tis the yoots that would be flumoxed

It was already old when I was a kid but I knew about Aliens!
But yes, some young people with no taste in films too.

Quote: blahblah @ 3rd March 2014, 7:20 PM GMT

I used to like trying to guess how the murder happened, but with the latest episode we knew what happened straight away so it robbed me of that pleasure.

Yes = it wasn't the usual Creek formula but there were other sub plots that we didn't know about.

Dissapointing.

Muddled

Too many subplots & weak main plot, with unbelievable actions by the characters.

I missed seeing the special last year so I was not aware that Creek had a new boring job (discussed earlier in this topic), but surely it was the essence of the character that as a designer of illusions he was able to see how crimes had been done, while we in the audience couldn't guess it.

Loved tonight's. Just watched it on iPlayer.

Lots of laugh out loud moments. Jonathan was an angel - even with a curly dick.

Must admit I was dozing a bit and missed the reasoning for the lottery numbers but still great.

Plus Jared Christmas to boot.

Still disappointing.

More like the Vicar of Dibley episode than a proper Jonathan Creek.

An unbelievable co-incidence...

I didn't understand why the bloke who won the lottery admitted to finding the ticket? He could have said he just chose those numbers randomly, it happens. That's why more than 1 person wins the same lottery, some times.

Seemed to be getting back on track. Just waiting for the Poirot pastiche next week, after Sherlock and Mid Summer Murders this week.

The lottery story would have been a sub plot in earlier episodes.

So, you've caught the burglars, and you're not standing outside the entrance for the Police!!!

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 8th March 2014, 7:36 PM GMT

So, you've caught the burglars, and you're not standing outside the entrance for the Police!!!

The burglars were what? A fourth sub-plot, a 5 minute filler ?

None of the parts tie together.

Did love the anagrams ending with Ye Old Barn etc (or whatever). Obviously he worked backwards to make up the name of the donor.

Why did they put the rabbit to sleep???

Why do people put any pet to sleep? It was ill I imagine...

Quote: Charlie Boy @ 9th March 2014, 4:19 PM GMT

Why did they put the rabbit to sleep???

It knew too much