Outnumbered - Series 3 Page 8

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 14 2010, 10:51 AM BST

Really good last night. Some surprisingly good acting from Hugh Dennis. Quite moving. Hope they repeat the first two series at some point. Such a latecomer.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/outnumbered/buy/ :)

Just found out that Douglas Hodge (Brick) and Anna Skellern (Kelly) were both in The Descent: Part 2 (2009) - strange coincidence.

Just watched the latest episode. A little darker than normal, but the worst part was Brick's lousy accent.

This is the only current day comedy that I really do like... mainly for Ben's comments sometimes. :D
See it's repeated on BBC Four now and then, so I'll keep watch out for yesterday's (?) as I missed it. :(

The repeat is on Wednesday night at 10:30.

Quote: Tex Fisher @ May 14 2010, 9:00 PM BST

This is the only current day comedy that I really do like... mainly for Ben's comments sometimes. :D
See it's repeated on BBC Four now and then, so I'll keep watch out for yesterday's (?) as I missed it. :(

It's on iPlayer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00sf9ph/Outnumbered_Series_3_Programme_5/

Quote: DaButt @ May 14 2010, 8:00 PM BST

Brick's lousy accent.

Yes, it sounded bad even to this Brit, but you've got to understand that we're not exposed to much American culture in this county. We don't get endless US TV shows imported, nor is most of our cinema from the US, so it's not as if the actor had spent his whole life hearing various US accents.

Really got into this series. Never watched the first two and like John, I really want to see the first couple of series and due to a lack of funds at the minute, I can't afford the DVDs. I also want Series 2 and 3 when it comes out of 'Ashes to Ashes' but can't afford that either.

Quote: Nogget @ May 15 2010, 7:02 AM BST

Yes, it sounded bad even to this Brit, but you've got to understand that we're not exposed to much American culture in this county. We don't get endless US TV shows imported, nor is most of our cinema from the US, so it's not as if the actor had spent his whole life hearing various US accents.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nogget @ May 15 2010, 7:02 AM BST

Laughing out loud

Plenty of English actors do a good American accent and I've been surprised many times when I Google them and find out that they're from the UK. Brick's accent didn't sound like anything I'd ever heard. It was sort of a mix of a Boston accent and an English accent. Someone should have told him that Americans pronounce the word "been" as "ben" and not "bean" and I'm surprised that nobody corrected Jake when he pronounced "Tucson" as "two-shawn" instead of "two-sawn."