Things that piss you off Page 793

Quote: dellas @ December 29 2011, 1:29 PM GMT

:( That 'cleft palette' one really gets to me, ok I am sending bloody £20 I got for Christmas to them.

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone

I've managed so far to get away with "I'm sorry, My parents aren't home right now". I still get away with that.

Do you put on a wee squeaky voice?

More things thst irritate me:

1. East-bloody-Enders: is it just me or is EastEnders the most overrated tosh on TV at the moment? All that happens is Phil Mitchell Punches someone and then some blonde women pushes everything off a Mantlepiece and then throws her coffee table

2. Antiques Roadshow - isn't every episode exactly the same as the last? Fiona Bruce talks about old stuff and some nostalgic guy brings some rubbish in.

3. Jeremy Clarkson - do I have to explain?

4. Jimmy Carr's inward laugh

5. Jedward and their false voices

6. Eggheads - what a load of set-up crap!! 5 absolute idiots ramble on for 5 minutes about the acidity of the Altantic Ocean

Quote: Snork @ December 30 2011, 12:49 PM GMT

2. Antiques Roadshow - isn't every episode exactly the same as the last? Fiona Bruce talks about old stuff and some nostalgic guy brings some rubbish in.

AR hasn't changed for the past 30 years. The reason is because it's a solid formula. I actually end up watching it quite often. Not because I seek it out but when I've gone through all the channels and not found anything else. It's perfect brain dead television. With nice amounts of diluted historical related facts thrown in.

:) Tend to agree Leevil.

I don't think EastEnders is overrated exactly. No one suggests it's artistically brilliant or anything, do they?

Quote: dellas @ December 30 2011, 12:57 PM GMT

:) Tend to agree Leevil.

Didn't they try to sex it up a few years ago and fail, then it went back to being as it was and always will be? Although this could be a dream of mine and not a memory... Errr

Eastenders is far better than Corry

Ok it's miserable

But I'd rather that than the way Corry tries to be 'funny'

It's just embarrassing

Quote: zooo @ December 30 2011, 12:58 PM GMT

I don't think EastEnders is overrated exactly. No one suggests it's artistically brilliant or anything, do they?

I'm not sure how a soap can be overrated? I don't think anyone has such high expectations for them. I know they like to try and top themselves each year. But it's still a soap, you either watch them or you don't. I'm not sure where the overrating comes from? Unless you put more thought into it than necessary, like outside of the 30 minutes they're on each day. I've made about 5 soap related posts today, I'm already over the limit. But I still don't think I'm overrating it. I'm just bored.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop @ December 29 2011, 10:46 PM GMT

I've managed so far to get away with "I'm sorry, My parents aren't home right now". I still get away with that.

When I was about 20 I answered the phone to a cold caller. After I said hello, the caller instantly switched to that patronising voice most people use when speaking to very young children and asked if Mummy or Daddy were home. I didn't want to know what they were selling so I said they were out.

Until recently I could avoid the Red Cross people by saying no when asked if I was over 21...they've stopped asking now and just assume I am.

;) I am really pleased with myself for not watching 'Soaps' anymore.

I do like the 'Archers', does that count?

Afraid so!

Isn't the BCG just an online soap opera? An endless grinding soap opera that we can only escape from by dying. :(

Shut it, you slag.