QI - Series G Page 9

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 10 2010, 6:14 PM GMT

According to QI's Twitter account, this week's episode - the first to be shown pre-watershed, was watched by 7.1 million people, which will make it the most watched episode of QI ever.

Quite interesting.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ January 10 2010, 6:14 PM GMT

Also, the Christmas special was the 27th most downloaded show from BitTorrent the week it was broadcast.

Pirate Whistling nnocently

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2009, 12:04 AM GMT

I liked it.
Except the bit where they kept on shouting too long being the Osmond brother in the attic. That got annoying.

And was rather unfortunate considering the Osmonds do have two mentally retarded elder brothers who live out of the public eye.

Doubtless any offence was unintentional but it should have been caught before it went out.

Actually, I've made a mistake. Turns out that the 7.1 million is a combination of both the original transmission and the XL repeat. 5.2 million watched the first broadcast, and 1.9 the XL edition.

Thats what Hitler did

Quote: Timbo @ January 10 2010, 6:18 PM GMT

And was rather unfortunate considering the Osmonds do have two mentally retarded elder brothers who live out of the public eye.

Doubtless any offence was unintentional but it should have been caught before it went out.

:O
Seriously?

Oooops.

The bit about Dinner for One in tonight's episode was a fact I found, and the first of mine to feature in QI! :)

Nice one! Congratulations. :)

I remember seeing 'Dinner For One' on some other show years ago. Had pretty much forgotten all about it. Bizarre lot, those Germans.

Rob Brydon is starting to get on my tits, he's becoming an attention seeking tw*t of Paul Merton-esque proportions, luckily Sean Lock dug him out of a couple of unfunny holes that he'd got himself into.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 16 2010, 10:03 AM GMT

Rob Brydon is starting to get on my tits

Ditto. Long-sock-wearing tit.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ January 16 2010, 10:03 AM GMT

Sean Lock

Is a reason to watch anything.

For those interested, here is Dinner for One. There are a few laughs in it I think.

Sock-bit went on faaaar too long. Considering QI XL episodes are still coming out, couldn't they have edited something funnier into that slot?

Loved the inclusion of Godwin's Law.

I really enjoyed the Girls & Boys episode. The bit about female comedians is something I often think about and feel semi-guilty about as a feminist-y type of ladyperson. So that was really interesting.

I just released that someone on last night's show was something I posted on the QI forums! I mention on their website the information regarding the oldest joke in the world, and I reported the news about the Greek joke book during my Newshound duties.

Story about the Philogelos

Nice one Ian. Do you not get paid for your work then?

Quote: Gluben @ January 15 2010, 11:36 PM GMT

The bit about Dinner for One in tonight's episode was a fact I found, and the first of mine to feature in QI! :)

I prefer him in Meet The Wife.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ February 6 2010, 11:26 AM GMT

Nice one Ian. Do you not get paid for your work then?

Sadly not. :(