QI - Series G Page 12

Quote: Moonstone @ December 10 2009, 12:35 AM BST

It was a few months back in a Live At The Apollo appearance. I don't remember if he was guest or host. Anyway, it was the kid's birthday and he stood him and his mate up and spent 5 or 10 mins making fat jokes about the birthday boy. I think he'd just turned 16, and Lee's first joke was "what, stone?". His mate kept shaking his head imploringly, but that didn't stop him. I really can't believe no-one in that entire audience stood up for him and called Mack up for the utter c**t he was being.

I'm sorry, no. That's BS. He didn't lay into him for 5 to 10 minutes, he made a quick jab at his weight that he instantly regretted and apologise for. That's still not right, but it's not what you're saying he did.

Tonight Dave are showing one of the missing QI XL for the very first time - even before the BBC. They are showing the "Ganimals" episode (featuring Toksvig, Lock, Bailey and Hodgman) at 21.00.

At least I think they are. They began repeated the XL editions from Series G last week but no TV schedules seem to be saying what tonight's episode exactly is. Still, I'm guessing it is this episode.

Last night's QI with Ruby Wax, Sean Lock and Ross Noble was awful, Stephen Fry gave Noble far too much leeway to go on boringly "surreal" tangents which led nowhere and were in the main dull, dull, dull.

Ruby Wax didn't seem to understand the point of the show and was pretty clueless, Sean Lock seemed to get into "surreal waffle" battles with Noble and Alan just seemed to sit back and not bother trying to get a word in edgeways.

I quite like Ross Noble but he just seemed to dominate the show in the way that Phil Jupitus attempts sometimes, he really needs to learn that sometimes less is more, shut up occasionally and don't always say the first thing that comes into your head.

Rich Hall, for me, is one of the best guests because he doesn't say anything unless it's funny, he doesn't just shout out rubbish the whole time in the hope that occasionally he'll randomly say something funny.

I'm beginning to think that QI really needs a bit of a shake up otherwise it's going to become as dull and predictable as "Have I Got News For You".

I entirely agree with you post but you really should see someone about the dyslexia.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ October 16 2010, 11:01 AM BST

Last night's QI with Ruby Wax, Sean Lock and Ross Noble was awful, Stephen Fry gave Noble far too much leeway to go on boringly "surreal" tangents which led nowhere and were in the main dull, dull, dull.

Ruby Wax didn't seem to understand the point of the show and was pretty clueless, Sean Lock seemed to get into "surreal waffle" battles with Noble and Alan just seemed to sit back and not bother trying to get a word in edgeways.

Well said. One of most UI episodes in it's entire run.

Quote: Timbo @ October 16 2010, 11:06 AM BST

I entirely agree with you post but you really should see someone about the dyslexia.

Dyslexia? I don't understand.

Check the thread title ;)

Oh, it's series 'H' now. :$

If it is of any consolation Tony, Ruby Wax is not on any more in this series, and Ross Noble only appears once more (with Clarkson and Mitchell). Rich Hall is on next week with Phill Jupitus (sorry) and Andy Hamilton. A preview can be seen here.

I think that Wax probably did have a bit of trouble with the format, which is a shame because the show is trying to get more women on. Interestingly, Rich Hall is the only American to appear more than once.

Feels like Reginald D Hunter's been on more than once.
I think we've had that discussion before, though.

Quote: zooo @ October 16 2010, 11:57 AM BST

Feels like Reginald D Hunter's been on more than once.

No, he's only appeared in the "Fashion" episode which featured Rich Hall and Clive Anderson.

Weeeeeird.

I suppose because he turns up on so many other British panel shows they've all merged together.

What did Ruby Wax do to annoy you all? I'm watching it now and she seems fine to me, just joining in.

Quote: zooo @ October 16 2010, 9:58 PM BST

What did Ruby Wax do to annoy you all? I'm watching it now and she seems fine to me, just joining in.

I'm not saying she wasn't good. I'm saying she wasn't brilliant and seemed to have some trouble with the format. Maybe she would be better given a second chance.

Editor Note: Just locking this thread briefly so discussion about the new series returns to the Series H thread: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/17458/4