QI - Series G Page 11

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 14 2010, 7:18 AM GMT

No it doesn't. It stands for "Quite Interesting".

Just testing! Angelic

Greeks XL episode was probably the best one in the series.

Bill Bailey in the Green episode was great, though.

Quote: swerytd @ October 28 2009, 3:23 PM BST

What Ian actually means is:

The seventh series of QI, covering everything quite interesting beginning with "G", will start on BBC One on Thursday 26th November, at 9.30pm, then the following Thursday at 9:35pm, then the following Wednesday at 10:05pm, then six weeks later on a Monday at 11:25pm, then the preceding Sunday at 8:55pm, then three weeks later at 11:25pm, then it'll be taken off air for six months due to 'bizarrely low' viewing figures and the rest of the series will return on BBC2 on Fridays at 10pm, where it will stay to the end of the series.

Dan

Ah... the BBC are f**king about with it now, I see. I didn't see that coming... oh, no -- hang on, I did.

Dan

Good episode last night, dry subject but the panel selection was superb. Vegas and Brydon work great together and hogged most of the show, nice to see Fry and Mitchell kept relatively quiet for a change. Like to see this line up used again.

Rob Brydon, on any show where he's playing "himself", just tries too hard for my liking. Always desperately seeking a laugh, which on QI just becomes irritating, frankly. He's an excellent comedic actor, but he's certainly not a wit.

The only one who annoyed me was Johnny Vegas. Yet again trying to take over the show and go on and on and on with one joke. Shut UP Johnny.

(I like him when he's not trying to hog the limelight though.) :)

Quote: zooo @ April 8 2010, 12:32 PM BST

The only one who annoyed me was Johnny Vegas. Yet again trying to take over the show and go on and on and on with one joke. Shut UP Johnny.

Yeah, but you're weird like that. Unimpressed *sticks out tongue at zooo*

If weird means right...

Yeah that is his worst fault I agree, but out of the hundred words he'll force on you in one hogging monologue there'll be at least two or three little gems in there, and the fun of it is you never know which way he's going with it, it could be embarrassingly sad, just peter out into a dead end, or have a completely leftfield Vegas observation that has everyone in stitches.

With Vegas you have to take the whole package and just hope he hits a good patch. Still think he's tons better than most panelists who have their short pithy answers almost written down. Brydon's just as much a hogger, that's why I thought they suited each other last night. I loved it.

BTW has anyone mentioned Mitchell's hogging tendencies yet? He never shuts up, apart from last night, which was quite nice.

Ha, it's all a matter of taste I suppose. I love it when David goes on a rant.
Agree that sometimes you get a few gems from Vegas, though.

I enjoy Vegas's appearances. He's underappreciated, I think.

As for this series, WTF have they been doing? On one week, off for two. 'XL' versions broadcasting seemingly at random. I think they've shown 10 of them, whilst there were 15 episodes in the series (and somehow 2 'highlights' shows, what a f**king liberty). Something like that.

There have been complaints from QI fans about the way the series have been shown.

Part of the problem seen by most fans is the fact the series has been shown on BBC One. As a result the show often gets postponed for other events (Children in Need, Sport Relief). Some of the early QI XL's got delayed because the series began at the same time HIGNFY was on, for the extended HIGNFY's got priority of QI XL.

At the moment, the QI XLs not shown are "Ganimals", "Games", "Green" and "Geometry". I don't think the VG versions have extended editions.

VG?

Quote: zooo @ April 25 2010, 6:09 PM BST

VG?

The compliation shows this series are called "QI VG".

Ohhhh!