QI - Series G Page 4

That was John Hodgman, of The Daily Show fame.

He's usually very funny indeed.

He was also the PC in the US version of the Mitchell/Webb Apple commercials.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 3 2009, 10:48 PM GMT

He's usually very funny indeed.

Well he broke a habit of a lifetime tonight. He quite frankly looked like they'd found him in the corridor and shoe horned him in. He didn't even have a buzzer. Pathetic work by the Beeb if you ask me. Too many cooks and all that.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ December 3 2009, 10:48 PM GMT

Fame?

Poor episode tonight. Did anyone else notice Sean Lock yawn quite near the end?

Quote: roscoff @ December 3 2009, 11:23 PM GMT

Well he broke a habit of a lifetime tonight. He quite frankly looked like they'd found him in the corridor and shoe horned him in. He didn't even have a buzzer. Pathetic work by the Beeb if you ask me. Too many cooks and all that.

Agreed. He really did come across like a fifth wheel. I was very uncomfortable watching it.

He just twittered: "Now that QI is over, it already seems like a grand, thrillful, intimidating dream."

They don't really have panel shows in the US, do they?

Quote: Chappers @ December 3 2009, 11:27 PM GMT

Fame?

In America, yes.

I just realised that if you shaved Sandy Toxic's hair off she'd look an awful lot like Clive Anderson.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 4 2009, 2:08 AM GMT

I just realised that if you shaved Sandy Toxic's hair off she'd look an awful lot like Clive Anderson.

And if she grew a beard - Andy Hamilton!

Quote: Stuart Collie @ December 3 2009, 11:35 PM GMT

Poor episode tonight. Did anyone else notice Sean Lock yawn quite near the end?

Yes. I was feeling the same.

Yes, it was a shame that John Hodgman did not say much.

I think the main reason he was on was because he did an episode of John Lloyd's radio show The Museum of Curiosity, which also stars Sean Lock. I think Lloyd thought, "While your here, do you want to do this?" and invited him on whilst he had the chance.

I find it quite interesting that Lloyd thinks with such poor grammar and spelling...

Dan

Yes, it is interesting isn't it.

There is a clip of next week's episode. The theme is "Games" and the guests are Phill Jupitus, Sean Lock and Liza Tarbuck.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/qi/episodes/7/3/

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the themes. There weren't any (certainly not explicitly) in the first few series. Those were far superior.

Some of them were, but it was still in its infancy. I think the show was at its best in series C. Series D had too many newbies on, hence only two for series E, which was pretty solid.

Quote: Aaron @ December 4 2009, 5:44 PM GMT

Quite frankly, I'm sick of the themes. There weren't any (certainly not explicitly) in the first few series. Those were far superior.

Are you suggesting, Aaron, that this programme has now 'hurdled the ocean-based predator'?