QI - Series G Page 8

Quote: Ian Wolf @ December 18 2009, 3:33 PM GMT

Mind you, the main reason that Rich appears to be so successful is that he does not say very much.

Now known as The Hodgman Effect.

Quote: Leevil @ December 18 2009, 3:33 PM GMT

He did that annoying miming thing again!

I was trying to think of anyone who does funny mimes. The most successful are those which are linked to a few lines of verbal stuff. Perhaps silent mimes are intrinsically unfunny? I certainly never laughed at Marcel Marceau.

XL of Thursday's episode tonight.

Quote: jim howells @ December 23 2009, 2:15 PM GMT

XL of Thursdays episode tonight

Is this (4) the first XL transmitted for series G?
I might have missed the earlier ones - hope not.
The more QI the better!

Quote: No Monkeys @ December 23 2009, 9:07 PM GMT

Is this (4) the first XL transmitted for series G?
I might have missed the earlier ones - hope not.
The more QI the better!

Yes, it's the first one. XL versions of the first 3 episodes will appear at some point in the future.

More annoyingly, the XL version of Geography is not on iPlayer. It just links back to the 30-minute episode. HIGNFY receives better treatment.

Best. Episode. Ever.

Stephen Fry + Alan Davies + Bill Bailey + Lee Mack + David Tennant = Dare I say it, EPIC WIN!

Very fun tonight and David Tennant fitted in well I thought. :)

I liked his jacket.

Quote: zooo @ December 24 2009, 11:37 PM GMT

I liked his jacket.

Of course, he must know Fry fairly well, having been in the film Stephen directed. :)

Quote: jim howells @ December 17 2009, 9:32 PM GMT

Is it just me or is Frys "Gooooooooooooooooood evening!" really grating now?

It's skin-crawling.

Quote: Leevil @ December 18 2009, 3:11 PM GMT

The Globe thing in Leicester(?) Square was quite cool.

He shoots ... he scores! :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 11:43 PM GMT

Of course, he must know Fry fairly well, having been in the film Stephen directed. :)

Wow that was aaaaaaaages ago.

I kept losing track during tonight's episode, but it seemed quite good.

I liked it.
Except the bit where they kept on shouting too long being the Osmond brother in the attic. That got annoying.
Apart from that - great!

For those not in the know, the extended repeat is on tonight at 22.55 on BBC Two - after all the June Whitfield stuff.

According to QI's Twitter account, this week's episode - the first to be shown pre-watershed, was watched by 7.1 million people, which will make it the most watched episode of QI ever.

Also, the Christmas special was the 27th most downloaded show from BitTorrent the week it was broadcast.