The Impressions Show With Culshaw And Stephenson - Series 1 Page 5

I thought the majority of the impressions were pretty good, but the script was pants.

Jon Culshaw's impressions are sounding more and more like each other, and worse still, more like Culshaw himself, or a camp Culshaw. His Simon Cowell is still very accurate, and the Michael McIntyre was pretty good, but Ray Mears? Not really.

Debra Stephenson was much better I thought, and her Davina McCall was great. The problem with this compared to Dead Ringers is that you don't have enough impressionists to carry a half-hour. Ideally, you'd need a pool of several impressionists, ranging from Culshaw, Alistair McGowan and Rory Bremner to Rob Brydon and Peter Serafinowicz. Then, decide whose is best in rehearsals and go from there.

And don't forget Sean Lock as Michael Cane!

Even worse than Armstrong and Miller.

I can only hope that this week's Points of View is dedicated entirely to public outrage in the wake of this abhorrent, moronic depravity.

Quote: youngian @ November 2 2009, 10:22 AM GMT

There is nothing more annoying than piss poor impressionists who have to come out and announce their impressions; "Yes its me Frank Spencer, oooh Betty I'm on Deadringers."
A bit like that shitty Sun cartoonist whose drawings are so bad all politicians either carry briefcases with their initials on it or newspapers with their name in a headline.

Well said youngian (I am now being youngian by the way). It's inept, isn't it? Dead Ringers did it all the time - you might argue a slight case for doing it on radio but with TV make-up and sets there really is none. Though to be fair, how would we have been able tell Mike Yarwood had stopped doing impressions without him saying "and this is me"?

When's the second episode on? It seems the BBC have forgotten about it.

That's what BBC One do -- it's why QI will flop miserably now it's moved.

Dan

Quote: Badge @ November 8 2009, 9:59 PM GMT

Though to be fair, how would we have been able tell Mike Yarwood had stopped doing impressions without him saying "and this is me"?

Yes, but I wonder what Frank Spencer would have made of this show...? *puts on beret and purses lips*

Is that your best Che Guevara impression? Rubbish...

Dan

Che Guevara? I wonder what Tommy Cooper would have said about Marxist revolutionaries...? *puts on fez and vaguely groans 'Haa-aahh'*

Who else do you do?

<pitches The Tim Walker Show to Bravo>

Dan

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 10 2009, 12:25 PM GMT

Yes, but I wonder what Frank Spencer would have made of this show...? *puts on beret and purses lips*

"Freedom for Tooting!"

I actually laughed during the last episode. It seemed vastly improved in some areas, specifically that of 'being even the slightest bit funny'.

I had no idea the second episode was on. They should advertise better.

Didn't think it was quite as good as last week's. Some funny stuff, but a lot just didn't click enough to make me laugh. Hopefully episode 3 will be a step back up again.