The Impressions Show With Culshaw And Stephenson - Series 1 Page 7

And she's feckin fit!

Quote: Moonstone @ December 6 2009, 9:02 PM GMT

And she's feckin fit!

Like Ronni Ancona was much better than McGowan who unfortunately had too distinctive a look.

Quote: Moonstone @ December 6 2009, 3:59 PM GMT

There are more misses than hits, but still some good stuff. Stephenson's (fit) impression of Ann Robinson is spot on. Culshaw is good, but the problem he has is that there's something in his own voice which he can't get rid of, no matter who he's doing. If it wasn't for that many of his impressions would be great, but it's this kind of highish nasal tone that's always there and a dead give-away.

His campness, you mean?

Saw the last few minutes of tonight's episode thought Culshaw's Justin Lee Collins was exceptional

Yes, his JLC is particularly good.

Apart from that, there seems to be less I can say positively about this show each week. I really want to like it, but it's just, well, bad. Half of the impressions are, at best, only mildly reflective of the person they're supposed to be. Some of the makeup is quite good (JLC, John Craven), others is really dodgy. But most of all, it's rarely particularly funny, and a not insubstantial number of the sketches - again, David Cameron - don't even make sense. Depressing.

Watching whatever they've cobbled together as a "Christmas highlights" show. Jesus, somebody shoot me in the face and ear... *weeps* :(

I'm beginning to think there were other reasons I used to just get dreadfully pissed on Christmas Eve.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 11:29 PM GMT

Watching whatever they've cobbled together as a "Christmas highlights" show. Jesus, somebody shoot me in the face and ear... *weeps* :(

I'm beginning to think there were other reasons I used to just get dreadfully pissed on Christmas Eve.

Troubled times Tim Console

Thanks, Katie.

It's my first year facing the BBC Christmas & New Year schedule sober. Teary

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 11:34 PM GMT

Thanks, Katie.

It's my first year facing the BBC Christmas & New Year schedule sober. Teary

My thoughts are with you :)

Why don't you go to sleep and hope santa brings you lots of presents :D

Quote: katie coe @ December 24 2009, 11:42 PM GMT

santa brings you lots of presents :D

Does Santa do special Christmas vodka which is safe for those who can't drink anymore? Whistling nnocently

Back on topic, if this episode was indicative of the series as a whole, then it really seems to be scraping the bottoms of several barrels. The Gordon Brown rap idea - I'm sure I've even seen that as a title on the running order for 'NewsRevue' ;). Awful. Jon Culshaw does a pretty good Michael McIntyre, but if you can't even do a decent Brucie, you might as well give up IMO. Unimpressed

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 11:45 PM GMT

Does Santa do special Christmas vodka which is safe for those who can't drink anymore? Whistling nnocently

Back on topic, if this episode was indicative of the series as a whole, then it really seems to be scraping the bottoms of several barrels. The Gordon Brown rap idea - I'm sure I've even seen that as a title on the running order for 'NewsRevue' ;). Awful. Jon Culshaw does a pretty good Michael McIntyre, but if you can't even do a decent Brucie, you might as well give up IMO. Unimpressed

I don't like the McIntyre Impressions.
Although the jokes are funny :D

I think his McIntyre is quite good. And his JLC.
That's about it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 24 2009, 11:45 PM GMT

Yes it's called the Christmas spirit

Yeah, I have to say, I did quite enjoy some episodes, and a number of sketches here-and-there, in the series proper, but that was dreadful. There's not much even I can say to redeem it; even the few sketches I had genuinely loved first time round, now just felt awful.

Please, no more.

I fell like you have all ignored my clever pun Teary