The Impressions Show With Culshaw And Stephenson - Series 1 Page 4

Gave it a go, not for me I'm afraid. Although I thought Debra Stephenson was a good performer and likable.

Actually I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

Debra Stephenson is a really good impressionist, I think all her impressions were spot on. Her Davina McCall was hilarious.

Jon Culshaw is okay but some of his impressions can be hit or miss.

Good first show though.

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 31 2009, 3:08 AM BST

Well, I most likely won't watch this show

How Not To Live Your Life.

Very good show I thought. Good amount of laughs throughout, and looking forward to E2. Real pity it's 2 weeks away though - why? What's the point? Way to attract an audience!

Anyway. Ashes To Austen was a nice idea and pretty good on the whole, but Culshaw's impression was a bit off. Didn't think much of the first Minogue sketch, but otherwise I don't recall anything I can criticise. Good to see a nice comedy in a Saturday night slot again.

The Dannii was good, but Kylie was rubbish.

I liked it overall! Suprisingly funny.

Quote: Chappers @ October 31 2009, 11:10 PM BST

That was the girl from Kath and Kim wasn't it?

You mean the actress?
No, it was thingy from Smoking Room I think. Or Titty Bang Bang.

I thought she sounded like Kylie lol.

Quote: Richard Wells @ November 1 2009, 2:13 PM BST

I thought she sounded like Kylie lol.

Ha, really? I just thought she sounded Australian, whereas Dannii actually sounded just like Dannii. Maybe I don't know Kylie's voice that well.

Well maybe she sounded more like Kylie when she played Charlene in Neighbours ha ha.

Watched it and enjoyed it a lot.

Eamonn's voice was perhaps a low point and those sequences could have been left out and maybe replaced by something more convincing, but that aside prettey good indeed and I'll certainly watch the rest of the run.

Ha, I quite liked the Eamonn sketches.
And the Famous Five ones were rather good too.

Hi Zooo

Yeah sketch content was OK but the voice was so poor that for me as a native speaker it made me squirm.

Sort of Dick van Dyke's cock en nee in Mary Poppins bad.

Ah, fair enough then. To me it sounded good! But I can see how it'd be annoying to a native type.

I really liked it, thought it was dead good like.
Debra Stephenson is DAMN fit!

Quote: Aaron @ November 1 2009, 2:05 PM BST

Didn't think much of the first Minogue sketch

Oooh, but it had a lovely arse shot! <3

I was put off by the trailer and his bloody awful Jonathan Ross. And his bloody awful Gordon Ramsey. And Alan Sugar.

I alternated between watching this and watching feral youths trick or treating out of my front window. It seemed lightweight predictable fluff. A PG friendly Star Stories. That said, Ross Kemp running away all the time in the Famous 5 skit made me smile.

There is nothing more annoying than piss poor impressionists who have to come out and announce their impressions; "Yes its me Frank Spencer, oooh Betty I'm on Deadringers."
A bit like that shitty Sun cartoonist whose drawings are so bad all politicians either carry briefcases with their initials on it or newspapers with their name in a headline.
I didn't see the show but Deborah Stephenson seems more capable of doing a half decent impression than Jan Ravens. I preferred Culshaw on the radio particularly for Brian Perkins as Radio 4's Dr Evil.