Do you GROW? Page 9

Yay!

How often do I water them, just enough to keep the soil moist?

Um, I'm not sure exactly? Mine are outside in a patch. I just do it when I remember. Oh, actually I have some Basil and Parsley on a window sill, I have them in a tray and just fill that up every other day. I'd say, just don't drowned them but that might be obvious.

I shall try!

Quote: zooo @ May 17 2010, 9:30 PM BST

Yay!

How often do I water them, just enough to keep the soil moist?

Herbs tend to like not being overwatered. I've killed loads in the past by this mistake. I like those which grow outside with no attention, like Rosemary. By comparison, my Basil just gets in the way, attracts greenfly, and I never seem to make good use of it.

I think that's the one I love the smell of.

Am going out for string tomorrow...

Let us know how you get on.

Quote: Leevil @ May 17 2010, 9:23 PM BST

Awesome! piss is easy to grow.

The urinal garden working out ok?

Quote: don rushmore @ May 17 2010, 11:19 PM BST

Let us know how you get on.

Only after you share some equally thrilling details of your life.

I'm rather confused why growing food is middle class.

I have some tomatoes, most interesting are the black ones though. I can't wait to taste them. The strawberries I assumed died, but they instead grew along the fence, so I'm quite happy. Lots of boring stuff growing too, but who cares about squash? We also have about 200 maple trees growing the the yard, I don't know why they sprung up so well from their whirly gigs this year.

Quote: ellipsis @ May 18 2010, 5:40 AM BST

It's not, but I suppose what could be said is that while the working classes have always appreciated their vegetable plots, the middle classes have only more recently taken to it in increasing numbers.

I like to garden dressed as Margot.

Cor.

Room for 200 maple trees in your garden?

You must be really poor.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ May 18 2010, 10:29 AM BST

I like to garden dressed as Margot.

When I first saw that I thought it said, "I like to garden dressed as a maggot." :O