Fire says no.

Well, earth, water and air say yes.
What of it?

Just had a Strawberry from the garden.
It was Luvverley.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 11 2010, 9:12 PM BST

Just had a Strawberry from the garden.
It was Luvverley.

I've got three ready to go on my muesli tomorrow. :) My pak choi is f**ked though. :(

I was going to try Pak Choi.
But last time I tried it just got eaten before it could do anything.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 11 2010, 9:48 PM BST

I was going to try Pak Choi.
But last time I tried it just got eaten before it could do anything.

Snails bloody love it. I put mine (they're in a pot) in the middle of a pile of gravel while I was away for a week. It grew yellow flowers which were the only thing not eaten by bastard red beret snails. :(

Well thats' English Snails for you.
They've got that never say die attitude that their Gallic neighbours seem to lack.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 11 2010, 9:53 PM BST

Well thats' English Snails for you.
They've got that never say die attitude that their Gallic neighbours seem to lack.

Aye, the bastards. My garden is awash with the feckers. Snail pellets seem a bit unsporting though. Guess I'll keep on using the shotgun to cull the little shelled swine.

I,m a first time grower this year. Got a marrow on the go which is a work competition thing with a weigh in down the pub when ready (anyone got any good tips?). I have also got a load of tomatoes going.

Am one of 25 people out of 150 who put in for a new allotment that's just been given the go-ahead by the local council. They drew names out of a hat 2 days ago but aren't telling the lucky ones until the end of July as they have to have the allotment rules ratified by the full council!

Quote: Rob H @ June 11 2010, 9:51 PM BST

Snails bloody love it. I put mine (they're in a pot) in the middle of a pile of gravel while I was away for a week. It grew yellow flowers which were the only thing not eaten by bastard red beret snails. :(

Gravel? Should have added a couple of rings of salt.

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2010, 10:13 PM BST

Gravel? Should have added a couple of rings of salt.

I had it under good authority they couldn't crawl over it. Presumably that was wrong. Gr. But salt would have just washed away in the rain while I was away. *Reloads shotgun*

Quote: Rob H @ June 11 2010, 10:05 PM BST

Aye, the bastards. My garden is awash with the feckers. Snail pellets seem a bit unsporting though. Guess I'll keep on using the shotgun to cull the little shelled swine.

Laughing out loud

If you stamp on a big one, just behind the neck, their guts explode out of their heads. A bit labour intensive but satisfying.

The snails in my garden are sneaky.
Everytime I go down to water the plants they scarper before I get there.

The little bastards Angry

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 11 2010, 11:06 PM BST

The snails in my garden are sneaky.
Everytime I go down to water the plants they scarper before I get there.

Try putting little wheels on your zimmer frame.