Do you GROW? Page 55

There are some wild ones by me and yes, they have been a good crop this year.

Never seen them wild.
It's wall to wall blackberries round here.

I suspect they are from a long fallen down house that has been completely grown over.
The raspberries are in a long straight row as if purposely planted once.
And further up there are cherry trees in a line too. I've had my fill of these earlier.

That'll be it.
Just looked them up - they do have a 'wild' relative/ancestor.
"More common than you'd think" according to WildFood UK!
Usually quite small - so if yours are of a decent size and in a row, I think your guess is right.

Memories of my grandparents' garden, me as a toddler eating the raspberries and being fascinated by the little green grubs wriggling inside some of them.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 23rd April 2022, 1:36 PM

Someone once gave me 3 marijuana seeds. I germinated them on damp kitchen roll in the airing cupboard.

I then planted one in the greenhouse and the other two in the veg patch.
I imagine that all these cannabis farms that use special lighting and ventilation must be to force a faster growth because the three plants I had, grew big and fast on their own.
I don't smoke the stuff, it was just an experiment.
I know why they call it the stinky weed, on a hot day the smell wafted all around.
I pulled them up before someone reported me to the police.
They ended up floating down the river.

I think that's what this thread was originally meant to be about
Thus the GROW in capital letters

Love the way it went off course after the very first post!
This is much more wholesome.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th August 2022, 4:44 PM

Love the way it went off course after the very first post!
This is much more wholesome.

Absolutely

It's one of my favourite threads

Very much connected to growing - after months without a drop of rain, there's a thunderstorm over Malaga. Bliss!

Not sure if we're keeping the firewall between this - fruit & veg based - thread and the broader gardening one.
They're already getting mixed up, so maybe some sort of edict from the management re amalgamation might be in order?
ANYWAY - soldiering on like a good veg grower...
Here's a really good website for us 'growers'.

https://www.gardenfocused.co.uk

All the info you could possibly need including the option of setting your location to get accurate frost, plant by, you're too f**king late dates etc
Also you can tick the stuff you grow and it only shows you dates etc for those.
You can tell it's put together by a load of old blokes with their trousers held up with string - because it's one pig ugly website.
They do, however know their onions.
And shallotts, chives, beetroot etc etc

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th April 2023, 3:44 PM

Not sure if we're keeping the firewall between this - fruit & veg based - thread and the broader gardening one.
They're already getting mixed up, so maybe some sort of edict from the management re amalgamation might be in order?

I'll make a claim for the "Gardening" thread I started to be the correct one, because I thought this one had a stupid name, which as it happens was started by a Yank who hasn't posted on the forum for 6 years.

God Save the King! πŸ₯¦πŸ§…πŸŒΈπŸŒ±πŸŒΉπŸŒΏπŸŒ³πŸ’

The wood ash from my bonfire has been dug in lightly around my apple and pear trees. It's good for them you know :)