Do you GROW? Page 4

You don't have a bacon bush?

Our neighbour just gave us a big bag of veg and tomatoes :D We have too much now and it's excellent.

There used to be another thread along these lines which was gooderer.

The Gooderer Life Thread

Quote: Leevil @ September 6 2009, 2:15 AM BST

You don't have a bacon bush?

not last time I looked... :$

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 6 2009, 2:25 AM BST

not last time I looked... :$

Sausage tree?

Just dug up my potatoes. Not a huge amount, but a few handfuls is nice for my first go. :D

Quote: Leevil @ September 8 2009, 1:13 PM BST

Just dug up my potatoes. Not a huge amount, but a few handfuls is nice for my first go. :D

How do you plan to cook them?

I don't think there's enough to go around for everyone. So I think a potato salad or something similar shall suffice.

I have some cacti that are currently testing the limits of their drought resistance while I'm at Uni, but my family hasn't tried to grow anything since we planted okra...Apparently the soil we have near here is great for it, it was set to take over the back 40. Even came back after we poisoned the ground the next year.
When I went to Germany on a homestay, we one day 'coincidentally' visited the potato farm on harvest day. Haven't had the heart to think about veg gardens since.

I got given some French runner beans by a black woman the other day.

Quote: Leevil @ September 8 2009, 1:13 PM BST

*snigger* From the lady garden?

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2009, 3:52 PM BST

I got given some French runner beans by a black woman the other day.

Me too! :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 8 2009, 4:19 PM BST

*snigger* From the lady garden?

Unimpressed

Yes. :D

Baby, I'm growing right now.

Got some photos of your garden, Lee? I'd be very interested to see, particularly given how much stuff you seem to get out of it. :)

Quote: Aaron @ September 8 2009, 4:35 PM BST

Got some photos of your garden, Lee? I'd be very interested to see, particularly given how much stuff you seem to get out of it. :)

I have some photos, but I don't think they'll be very impressive. The garden was near enough a weed jungle before I got my hands on it, so I'm still in the process of cleaning it up.

I don't have a green house, so veg is just dotted around the garden wherever I can fit it.

There's a herb patch, which is also a nursery for plants with no pot/patch. Three tomato plants, that fell over whilst I was away :( and still haven't ripened yet. And a patch of young cucumbers and broad beans.

If I'm bored enough later, I'll take some new photos and upload them Pleased Ooo the excitement!