The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 342

Quote: Tuumble @ April 22 2012, 7:52 PM BST

They would've had at least another five points and still in with at least an outside chance of staying up if they'd kept Mick - decent manager.

But they would just be delaying the inev.. No coach could keep such a stodgy, workmanlike but creatively dull side like Wolves in the prem forever. I like their shirts but it's not enough.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ April 22 2012, 8:57 PM BST

I've never been convinced by Kenny as a manager.
As a player he was amazing. but Liverpools decline began during his first spell in charge.

Nor have I. He's incredibly defensive in front of camera which sort of confirms his lack of self confidence as a coach. I think he went back in for the money and didn't do much homework since his last spell. He's not a natural coach, real coaches sit up all night thinking about the game. I think Dalleish is interested in Liverpool, money and golf, but not really coaching.

The Olympique Lyonnais v FC Lorient match was brilliant. Must not get involved in French league too

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ April 22 2012, 9:33 PM BST

But they would just be delaying the inev.. No coach could keep such a stodgy, workmanlike but creatively dull side like Wolves in the prem forever. I like their shirts but it's not enough.

But surely isn't it the coach that makes them stodgy, workmanlike but creatively dull?

I've argued elsewhere that what is the point of being in the Premiership for a team like Wolves?

No chance of winning anything, that's all generally reserved for six or seven teams, a constant battle against relegation or mid table non entities.

Bet the Europa League extends down to the fourteenth placed club soon in an effort to keep some interest and the cash flowing.

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 23 2012, 12:21 AM BST

But surely isn't it the coach that makes them stodgy, workmanlike but creatively dull?

True, but your chairman seems to get in coaches noted for their discipline and work ethic all the time and not their flair, Jones, Macarthy etc. and this has caused Wolves to look predictable and workmanlike for the last few years. They've fought their way up a couple of times but whenever I see them on TV they look fit but dull. Blackpool were fantastic to watch and a bit unlucky to go straight down but now many want to see them come back. Wolves need to adopt that approach or no one will care if they fight their way back into the prem or not.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ April 22 2012, 2:33 PM BST

Man U 4 Everton 4, what a game. If Man City win their remaining games they win the league. Pleasing.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Brendan Rogers would not be drawn on whether he's staying with Swansea next season I noted on MOTD 2. Christ Swansea can't hold on to a manager for two seconds! It's like a club that is a fast track to bigger clubs. Though I suspect there's a certain Wigan manager wished he'd stayed.

There are a number of clubs who punch above their weight purely because they happened to ask the right person at the right time. Swansea had that with Toshack in the 70s who took them through the leagues and recently they've been lucky to have three pretty good ones in a row with Martinez, Sousa (debatable) and Rogers.

That run has to come to an end as teams come to terms to way they play and the players get older. The infrastructure is in place but I think that the Championship is more their level though it wouldn't surprise me too much to see them in the third tier in 6-7 years.

I hear Manchester Unitedhave been banned from keeping dogs as they can't hold onto a lead anymore.

Quote: Chappers @ April 23 2012, 4:05 PM BST

I hear Manchester United have been banned from keeping dogs so Coleen has been put on the transfer list.

Olympic draw has been made.

Men's draw:
Group A: GB, Uruguay, UAE, Senegal
Group B: Mexico, Switzerland, Korean Republic, Gabon
Group C: Brazil, Belarus, New Zealand, Egypt
Group D: Spain, Honduras, Japan, Morocco

Surely we should ge through that group with no difficulty. Also no France, Italy, Germany, USA or Argentina. Surely it can't be too hard to win it can it?

One for the Gooners:

Why is Jason Manford co commentating on Barcelona Chelsea?

Ok I'm guessing it's Gary Neville.

On an unrelated note
Doesn't Gary Neville sound a bit like Jason Manford

Hahaha I was thinking that. :D

What's Terry complaining about? That a tit.

This may be a bit difficult for Chelsea now
#understatement