The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 341

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ April 21 2012, 2:33 PM BST

Much like the Aston Villa manager. Enjoy the beers Dabutt (the game is going to be awful).

It was very boring. The guy on the stool next to me was from Sunderland and told some good stories. After a few pints I was able to mostly understand him.

Quote: Chappers @ April 21 2012, 9:27 PM BST

Didn't they create an extra qualifying round?

Actually, yes, they did. We'll have to wait and see if Chelsea win the CL and finish outside the top four.

Man U 4 Everton 4, what a game. If Man City win their remaining games they win the league. Pleasing.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ April 22 2012, 2:33 PM BST

Man U 4 Everton 4, what a game. If Man City win their remaining games they win the league. Pleasing.

You sure? Looks like if City win today, United will still be three points ahead on the same number of games to me.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 22 2012, 2:40 PM BST

You sure? Looks like if City win today, United will still be three points ahead on the same number of games to me.

I am, City play United next week and they already have a better goal difference. It's theirs for the taking.

Ah, I see. I don't even know what I'm doing in here, don't watch football. *Skips out*

Quote: catskillz @ April 21 2012, 9:16 PM BST

So they only allowed the winners to defend that one year?

The upshot was was that UEFA hadn't considered the possibility of the Champions' League winners performing so poorly in their domestic league that they couldn't make the top 4. It would've been totally unfair to the incumbant Everton to change the rules at the last minute so Liverpool had to be shore horned in against some Welsh club I think. Everton didn't even make the group stage after all that losing in the final qualifying to...Valencia?

[*rushes off to reasearch]

Ist qualifying round
Liverpool 6-0 agg Total Network Solutions

2nd qualifying round
Kaunas Lithuania 1-5 agg Liverpool

3rd qualifying round
CSKA Sofia 2-3 agg Liverpool
Everton 2-4 agg Villarreal

...so I was nearly right... :)

Poor old Wolves Teary

It has been inevitable for ages though, so maybe easier to swallow.

I know, but I'm a silly woman and always get a bit teary whenever a club gets relegated

They would've had at least another five points and still in with at least an outside chance of staying up if they'd kept Mick - decent manager.

Quote: Tuumble @ April 22 2012, 7:52 PM BST

They would've had at least another five points and still in with at least an outside chance of staying up if they'd kept Mick - decent manager.

Yeah, that was a bit daft

:(

Wave

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 22 2012, 8:09 PM BST

:(

Wave

Console

That's the thing about Man U
They always knwo how to grind out those results at the business end of the season.
Or so they keep telling us.

Liverpool are disappointing to say the least.
Still won a trophy & get to contest another one so it could have been a lot worse.

I've never been convinced by Kenny as a manager.
As a player he was amazing. but Liverpools decline began during his first spell in charge.

And stop being so bloody defensive during interviews, it's boring now.