The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 340

Always happy to see Barca get humbled. Not sure Chelsea will hold on in Camp Nou, but it's a funny old game.

My neighbor just texted to invite me to watch the Aston Villa match at the pub. I know nothing of the sport but 8:30 AM beers are an international standard.

Quote: DaButt @ April 21 2012, 2:23 PM BST

I know nothing of the sport

Much like the Aston Villa manager. Enjoy the beers Dabutt (the game is going to be awful).

3-0 to Newcastle so far. We could be nibbling at Arsenal's heals at this rate (although our run in is much harder).

I'm sure RC will keep me grounded. ;)

Good luck Nil. Would be good to see a different club in the Champions League. Chelsea of course will qualify as winners.

Heh, get in QPR

And Tottenham are continuing to plummet!

\o/

Quote: Chappers @ April 21 2012, 5:03 PM BST

Good luck Nil. Would be good to see a different club in the Champions League. Chelsea of course will qualify as winners.

Do the winners get automatic entry?

Or would they take the fourth place slot?

Guess not, according to this (see the last paragraph).

Quote: bigfella @ April 21 2012, 8:08 PM BST

Do the winners get automatic entry?

Or would they take the fourth place slot?

When Liverpool won in 2005, England were allowed to have five entries to the Champions League, so that the champions could defend their trophy. However, UEFA tightened things up after that, so they would now take England's fourth entry.

Oooooh! Lets hope that Real Madrid hang on to finish Barcelona off!

Bollocks, they've scored.

Now the great Ronaldo has scored! Exciting stuff!

Quote: AJGO @ April 21 2012, 7:58 PM BST

Heh, get in QPR

Oh yes :D :D :D

Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Spurs

Surely we can't go down Huh?

Quote: Ben @ April 21 2012, 8:33 PM BST

When Liverpool won in 2005, England were allowed to have five entries to the Champions League, so that the champions could defend their trophy. However, UEFA tightened things up after that, so they would now take England's fourth entry.

So they only allowed the winners to defend that one year?

Quote: Ben @ April 21 2012, 8:33 PM BST

Didn't they create an extra qualifying round?

Quote: catskillz @ April 21 2012, 9:16 PM BST

So they only allowed the winners to defend that one year?

You know that every other year the winners hve finisned in a qualifying position in their own league (I think!).

I don't think Arsenal are going to be able to hold on to 3rd spot. No Walcott, no Arteta and RvP struggling to score, I don't think anyone else in the team bar Vermaelen has scored all season!