The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 344

Dear Oldrocker
Football fans who text the BBC's live feed are allowed to understand the concept of irony. Sometimes more than those who read it.

Quote: Badge @ April 24 2012, 11:39 PM BST

Dear Oldrocker
Football fans who text the BBC's live feed are allowed to understand the concept of irony. Sometimes more than those who read it.

Oops, well that didn't work.

Suggest you read the rest of his posts.

I don't understand Twitter so can't help with a link.

Dear Oldrocker,
Just because there is an ironic interpretation of someone's statement doesn't mean they actually meant it that way.

No. Sorry Blackadder, I'm as thick as a thick thing between two thick planks of wood.

:|

*wishes she'd never text BBC's live feed in the first place*

Wasn't that so pleasing.

I only listened on the radio but we stifled them. It's goals that count after all. You can be like the Arse and pass the ball around as much as you want. You have to get it in the old onion bag!

It's just so good to break monopolies.

Quote: Chappers @ April 25 2012, 12:07 AM BST

You can be like the Arse and have the top goal scorer in the Premier League and a goal difference that shits on most teams, because Arsenal are the bestest!

Dear Oldrocker,
I have now read said person's tweets. He was not stating his point ironically, for which I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But neither was he suggesting Torres has changed nationality. I think he was just condensing several thoughts into one tweet, rather clumsily I would agree, but not in a way that makes him the most idiotic poster ever on the internet. I have made several posts on the BCG that are considerably more idiotic.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 25 2012, 12:18 AM BST

But what will they win this season - except footballer of the year and maybe top goal scorer.

*wishes she'd not bothered to attempt intercepting argument*

And Oi! What's going on with the Arsenal hate out of nowhere? We are a damn fine team and considering that everyone apart from the team that wins the league won't win the league that's a bit harsh. Or would you rather no club bothered with an ethos where the game and skill and beauty and all the reasons people love watching football mattered? Are you in fact Murdoch?

Quote: AJGO @ April 25 2012, 12:28 AM BST

*wishes she'd not bothered to attempt intercepting argument*

And Oi! What's going on with the Arsenal hate out of nowhere? We are a damn fine team and considering that everyone apart from the team that wins the league won't win the league that's a bit harsh. Or would you rather no club bothered with an ethos where the game and skill and beauty and all the reasons people love watching football mattered? Are you in fact Murdoch?

I've always hated Arsenal. I just don't hate them as much as that other team of red scummy bastards. Come on City!

PS - I don't quite understand the bit "considering that everyone apart from the team that wins the league won't win the league" what exactly does that mean?

Quote: Chappers @ April 25 2012, 12:22 AM BST

But what will they win this season - except footballer of the year and maybe top goal scorer.

Except for Man U, I'm very happy to compare Arsenal's Premier League and Champions League records to any other team in the UK. I could mention qualifying for the Champions League for 15 consecutive seasons, winning the double twice, having the longest unbeaten run in the Premiership, the international respect for our manager, our worldwide recognition as one of the most skillful footballing clubs ever, but most importantly, I can proudly state that unlike most of English football, we have 0% chance of going bankrupt.

Quote: Chappers @ April 25 2012, 12:34 AM BST

PS - I don't quite understand the bit "considering that everyone apart from the team that wins the league won't win the league" what exactly does that mean?

Only 4 teams have ever won the Premier League in it's 17 year history. Arsenal have won it three times. Yes, we are shit.

Unimpressed

Quote: Badge @ April 25 2012, 12:22 AM BST

Dear Oldrocker,
I have now read said person's tweets. He was not stating his point ironically, for which I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But neither was he suggesting Torres has changed nationality. I think he was just condensing several thoughts into one tweet, rather clumsily I would agree, but not in a way that makes him the most idiotic poster ever on the internet. I have made several posts on the BCG that are considerably more idiotic.

Hug

Quote: Chappers @ April 25 2012, 12:34 AM BST

I've always hated Arsenal. I just don't hate them as much as that other team of red scummy bastards. Come on City!

You asked what would we win, but you haven't applied the same criteria to anyone else. But that's explained by your first sentence

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 25 2012, 12:39 AM BST

Hug

Wave