The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 346

Looks like Madrid are going to be playing Chelsea. Mourinho and Ronaldo are two of my favourites in the game, so I'll be looking forward to the final.

Actually, scrub that, they might not get through yet.

David Luiz is likely to be back for the final and then his partner will likely be Essien, who I believe has got the job done in that position before.

Quote: Splodge @ April 25 2012, 9:38 AM BST

and leave us to worry about playing in the Champions League Final (and worry we will because we have no fit, available, central defenders).

It's gone to penalties and Splodge is praying for Bayern to make the final, because according to Dad's Army, the bumbling group of elderly, racist, idiots always beat the Germans in the end.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 25 2012, 10:10 PM BST

It's gone to penalties and Splodge is praying for Bayern to make the final, because according to Dad's Army, the bumbling group of elderly, racist, idiots always beat the Germans in the end.

Laughing out loud

I've really enjoyed this game, the first half was sublime. I'm supporting Bayern, for some unknown reason.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ April 25 2012, 10:12 PM BST

Laughing out loud

I've really enjoyed this game, the first half was sublime. I'm supporting Bayern, for some unknown reason.

Despite myself, I am a big fan of 'The Special One', so am secretly rooting for the Madridders.

Oops, Ronaldo denied.

Ramos' penalty Laughing out loud

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ April 25 2012, 10:19 PM BST

Ramos' penalty Laughing out loud

And Pig Poker has made his shot - looks like it will be a final between two workmanlike defender happy teams grinding out a boring 90 minutes of excruiatingly unimaginative football.

\0/

Wasn't it exciting!? I thought Adrian was gonna lose his notes in the wind there for a second.

Quote: Lazzard @ April 25 2012, 7:21 PM BST

Anyway, we don't need any central defenders, as long as the woodwork continues to play for us.
They should paint the posts blue and be done with it.

;)

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 25 2012, 10:21 PM BST

And Pig Poker has made his shot - looks like it will be a final between two workmanlike defender happy teams grinding out a boring 90 minutes of excruiatingly unimaginative football.

\0/

I didn't see it but from what I have seen Robben is one of the best and most creative players in the world as well as Ribery. Backs to the wall again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17860112

Wasn't there a similar debate about who was going to lift the World Cup after England strolled to their inevitable victory?

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 26 2012, 3:52 PM BST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17860112

Wasn't there a similar debate about who was going to lift the World Cup after England strolled to their inevitable victory?

Which victory and who did you mean? Gazza?

Quote: Chappers @ April 26 2012, 11:45 PM BST

Which victory and who did you mean? Gazza?

Naw! 2010. Wasn't there some debate as to who should/could lift the World Cup
as it was a foregone conclusion that England only had to turn up?

Quote: Oldrocker @ April 26 2012, 11:55 PM BST

Naw! 2010. Wasn't there some debate as to who should/could lift the World Cup
as it was a foregone conclusion that England only had to turn up?

Do you mean because of Terry's earlier transgession?

Might have been.

Dunno.