The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 337

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 9 2012, 7:50 PM BST

As with any club, while we're doing ok, he's forgotten.

Hey, confusing question I know but;

If Chelsea win the champions league but finish 6th, and take Spurs (if they finish fourth) champion's league place, do Spurs take Newcastles (if they finish 5th) Europa league place?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 9 2012, 8:59 PM BST

We could always loan them Aaron Ramsey of course.

:(

Aww. I believe he'll grow into his role

Quote: AJGO @ April 9 2012, 9:03 PM BST

Aww. I believe he'll grow into his role

Unfortunately, I think he is the Ernie Wise of football. He played great when Jack Wilshire was partnered with him in midfield but without him, he's really shown himself up to be a mediocre player at best.

His last minute 'shot' on goal against City pretty much summed him up for me.

It is a shame, but sometimes you've got to cut away the dead weight and this is from a Bendtner fan.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 9 2012, 8:52 PM BST

However, even though RC is deluded, he isn't as mental as Nil Putters who believes that Newcastle will get Champions League footie next season.

Laughing out loud I'm not counting any chickens until the season's over. I've learnt that much at least.

Anyway, I'm not that worried if we don't make it as if we did, we'd be over-stretched for the league as Ashley isn't likely to change his spending plan and Pardew can't keep this up forever.

C'mon Fulham, play the game!

Quote: Jamey @ April 9 2012, 9:02 PM BST

If Chelsea win the champions league but finish 6th, and take Spurs (if they finish fourth) champion's league place, do Spurs take Newcastles (if they finish 5th) Europa league place?

:S

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 9 2012, 9:28 PM BST

:S

The champions league holders have to defend their trophy and so if they fail to qualify through league position they take the champions league spot of the fourth placed team.
This means it may be possible that the fourth placed team takes the 5th placed teams Europa league place, but I am not entirely sure.

Yeah, I get what you were on about, it's just confusing.

But 'Woohoo!', Fulham have equalised. \o/

Absolutely correct !

It's a confusing question.

If Chelsea win the champions league...

You can stop there. You don't need to worry yourself any further.

April 15th - 7.45pm - Knocked out of the FA Cup

April 18th - 7.46pm - Knocked out of the Champions League

April 29th - 1.30pm - Our End of Season Party against QPR, which in a stroke of luck coincides with the day QPR have their end of season party and get relegated.

Quote: Tuumble @ April 8 2012, 7:00 PM BST

I think what bothers me most is that this United team is pretty ordinary an yet they'll win the Prem at a canter :(

I'm glad someone else agrees with me.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ April 9 2012, 8:59 PM BST

I'm still living in hope that the Glazers blow all of the Man U cash on a ponzi scheme and they will get 12 points deducted like Glasgey Rangers.

As there are no runways covered in ice at the moment, it's pretty likely that the Red Cheats will win the Premier League again.

We could always loan them Aaron Ramsey of course.

:(

:) :) :)

Though of course I'd love them to do it, like Splodge I don't think there will be a problem regarding Chelsea winning the Champions League.

Anyway, I know they changed things after Liverpool won it and finished fifth but the World Cup Winners no longer automatically qualify to defend their trophy.

Wow, Derry loses his appeal; outrageous shenanighans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2127754/QPRs-Shaun-Derry-banned-game-red-card-upheld.html

Liverpool 0-2 up at Blackburn, but now have another goalie sent off. Laughing out loud

Terrible penalty though, still 0-2.

Blackburn 1-2 Liverpool (36mins) Game on.

Damn shame, after my great success on Bubba, I had Liverpool to win 3 nil.

You can't win 'em all.

Ooooh, another penalty for Blackburn and the substitute Liverpool goalie escapes with a yellow.

2-2

Like fruit machines.

You only ever hear the money coming out . .

Ha, very true.

Carroll seems to have sealed it for Liverpool. 2-3