Anyone betting on the Grand National? Page 3

Well done, Bryony, good for you! Enjoy the win - I'm not jealous at all obviously, not even a tiny bit... Whistling nnocently ;)

Don't you just hate people who have better fortune then you?
:P

Only jesting big man well done enjoy your winnnings:)

I'll put a pound a week away from now until the National next year, then pretend I've won £100 pounds. ;) Makes more sense to me. :D

Quote: Bryony Harper @ April 4 2009, 7:42 PM BST

I consider myself very jammy!

You're not alone :P

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 4 2009, 7:51 PM BST

I'll put a pound a week away from now until the National next year, then pretend I've won £100 pounds. ;)

And where did you do maths? :) Same school as me, by the sounds.

My friends said the same "I'm so happy for you. Not at all jealous. Well, maybe a bit jealous... but mostly happy... honest!"
I'm celebrating with a nice impromptu trip to the Comedy Store :)
I go every couple of weeks or so anyway, but I feel this deserves it!

It was my daughter's birthday yesterday and the last time that happened on Grand National Day (5 years ago) we backed the winner and was £43 up on the deal. unfortunately £42 went on the play area we hired for her party.

Incidentally I had really bad pains in my stomache that day which, little did I know, would result in a week in hospital a couple of weeks later with acute pancreatitis.

I did a blog post about that last year if you're interested in my medical history. :)

http://crustynomad.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/talking-bout-my-operation/

Quote: Tuumble @ April 5 2009, 9:34 AM BST

Incidentally I had really bad pains in my stomache that day which, little did I know, would result in a week in hospital a couple of weeks later with acute pancreatitis.

I did a blog post about that last year if you're interested in my medical history. :)

It's like a cross between ER Casualty and Diagnosis Murder.

My Mum put a pound on, so was nicely £100 up. She was actually at Aintree too, so no doubt spent it on booze.

If I ever own a race horse, I'm going to call it 'The Horse', just confuse the commentators!

Or "It's name escapes me." or "Umm. Err."

I'll name mine in binary code, something like: "111010110111110101"

Quote: chipolata @ April 6 2009, 4:49 PM BST

I'll name mine in binary code, something like: "111010110111110101"

I like. I would probably enter mine as "10000111110101110111011101000100001", which is ASCII for "C**t!"

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 6 2009, 4:58 PM BST

I like. I would probably enter mine as "10000111110101110111011101000100001", which is ASCII for "C**t!"

I wondered what people were shouting at me!

I had a go. I put £2 on Butler's Cabin (due to Stan Butler, who is the main character in On the Buses) and also had a go on my pub sweep and got Parson's Legacy. No luck on them both. Oh well, I won last year with Comply or Die.

I don't really bet, because I hate losing. Maybe next year.