Anyone betting on the Grand National? Page 5

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 3rd April 2014, 11:49 PM BST

...and don't forget the equine sex, lots of lots of sex, no castration unlike their animal cousins in the dog and cat world.

Except for the 40 geldings running in the Grand National of course!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th April 2014, 12:09 AM BST

Except for the 40 geldings running in the Grand National of course!

I stand corrected. Geldings are used in jump racing, bollock swingers in flat racing.

Horses are too close to zebras for me to have much sympathy.

Only mugs.

Today a million office sweepstakes will take over the nation.

Quote: Oldrocker @ 4th April 2014, 12:44 AM BST

Only mugs.

But, if it gives someone an afternoon's entertainment picking out a couple of selections and watching the race with friends or family, who is to say that it is a worse way of choosing to spend your money than, say, going to the cinema or that it is being any more of a mug that whiling away a couple of hours in Costa when you could have gone home and made a coffee for the fraction of the price?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th April 2014, 9:09 AM BST

But, if it gives someone an afternoon's entertainment picking out a couple of selections and watching the race with friends or family, who is to say that it is a worse way of choosing to spend your money than, say, going to the cinema or that it is being any more of a mug that whiling away a couple of hours in Costa when you could have gone home and made a coffee for the fraction of the price?

Why would anyone be against a rigged sporting competition that encourages gambling addiction and features horse death as it's main attraction?

Bizarrely, I won't go to Costa Coffee for exactly the same reasons.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 4th April 2014, 1:17 PM BST

Why would anyone be against a rigged sporting competition that encourages gambling addiction and features horse death as it's main attraction?

Costa coffee rigged, encourages gambling addiction & features horse death as its main attraction? I'd no idea.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th April 2014, 2:00 PM BST

Costa coffee rigged, encourages gambling addiction & features horse death as its main attraction? I'd no idea.

And it's full of hipster tossers who think coffee tastes nice. It doesn't. It is ick.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 4th April 2014, 1:17 PM BST

I thought you just didn't like coffee.

I don't give a toss about the jockeys. They've got a choice.

There's not that many jobs for illiterate midgets.

Quote: sootyj @ 4th April 2014, 6:58 PM BST

It's national hunt racing. Peter Scudamore was 6' 2"

Sooty , why do you always struggle to find work out of panto season?

Quote: sootyj @ 4th April 2014, 6:58 PM BST

3rd and 4th for me E/W.... 11/1 & 33/1 so colleted a nice little wad.