Psychoville - Series 1 Page 3

It's getting closer people! Lots more info published today. Check our updated guide for an overview of the characters, pictures, an interview and more:

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/psychoville/

As already mentioned there is a BFI Psychoville Event on the 27th May. Just a few seats left now so book quick if you want to go. Anyone else going? I'll be there - make sure you come and say hello! (I'll PM you my seat number)

I went along the premiere of the first two episodes last night and it was very, very funny. Watching it with an audience around you always means you'll be laughing more than usual, but there were certain bits that I'm still laughing about now.

The humour is obviously similar to League of Gentlemen i.e. dark, violent and sometimes quite broad. However, the similarity is not a bad thing in my book as LoG is one of my favourite comedy shows.

Some of the cast and crew came on afterwards for a chat about the show which was informative. Reece Shearsmith, who is even more boyishly cute in real life, swore several times and was very funny. He said that he and Steve originally wanted to write something a bit lighter, but that dark humour is what they write best and enjoy.

The annoying thing is that I now have to wait for a couple of weeks to see what happens next.

I was at the BFI event last night too... loved it. A perfect mix of a dark, dark story (the plot is very intriguing) and a couple of excellent light hearted gags. There's a couple of scenes I'm giggling at now, just thinking of them again (I won't spoil the show by saying what).

The look of the show is amazing too. Great directing.

Summary: if you liked The League of Gentlemen you must not miss this.

Quote: Mark @ May 28 2009, 3:47 PM BST

Summary: if you liked The League of Gentlemen you must not miss this.

I can't bring myself to watch it, simply because Dawn French is in it. Please tell me she's killed in the first 8 seconds.

She's quite good in it. She's a good comedy actress.

Quote: Damn His Duckpond @ May 28 2009, 10:37 PM BST

I can't bring myself to watch it, simply because Dawn French is in it. Please tell me she's killed in the first 8 seconds.

I know what you mean. My heart sank when I heard she was in it. they said their film was really good and it was piss poor. However, I think this will be better.

Quote: Yellows 586 @ May 29 2009, 1:29 AM BST

they said their film was really good and it was piss poor.

I enjoyed the film. " They put me in a box with me coat on . . . I know it doesn't sound much . . ."

That line and the delivery of it really gets me for some reason.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 29 2009, 8:55 AM BST

" They put me in a box with me coat on . . . I know it doesn't sound much . . ."

Laughing out loud Loved that line.