Psychoville - Series 1 Page 7

That was sooooooooooooooooo good.

Well, that was sh**e. What a massive disappointment. Funniest bit; the first part, the location from where the letters were being written and one amusing line about Sid James and Hancock.

Bloody hell...

Ha, were you watching ITV by accident?

I found it funny all the way through.

That Sid James line was great though. :)

Oh don't get me wrong, I'll stick with it, but... comedy? Actually, the bit in the kitchen was quite good, but I didn't laugh at it.

Maybe it's me...

Well it's not the same style as Not Going Out: gag, gag, gag. But yeah it's still comedy!
I did find myself laughing pretty regularly, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who didn't.

Not laugh-out-loud, but very very good. Liked it a lot.

Dawn French was excellent I thought. I was surprised they had episode 2 straight after - which was also good.

Really enjoyed it, especially Mr Jelly and David's turn as the butler. Looking forward to how the mystery builds!

Ohhh, did they do a red button thing?
Missed that.

I didn't see any of the hidden web addresses in the show either. :(
Curse my eyes.
Will have to rewatch. :)

It were good . Maybe not brilliant but will keep watching to see where it goes. Certainly not Not Going Out.

Only saw episode 1, but looks very promising. Was always going to probably be a little light on laughs due to the necessity of setting up the various characters and scenarios. But the characters all look interesting and have good comic potential, particularly David. The writing is strong and Matt Lipsey shows again just what a good director he is. I can understand why they "red-buttoned" episode 2. Ideally for a comedy-thriller with this sort of set-up, you want a full hour opener followed by half-hour episodes. Really good performances throughout as well. :)

I liked it, but it's not the kind of thing I'd watch over and over again.
Whereas League O' Gents gets placed in the DVD every now and then.

Regarding LOL, not all comedy is supposed to be LOL. This is more of a dark comedy-drama, as opposed to something like Bottom which is LOL all the way through.

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2009, 1:58 PM BST

I see this show involves a doubtless scary clown. Haven't we done the doubtless scary clown bit to death?

What shows are you referring to Chip? I can't think of any scary clowns in comedy at all - horror films yes, Tim Curry's creepy stint as Pennywise springs to mind.

Anyway, just watched the first episode and thoroughly enjoyed it. I thought the characters' mysterious stories were building nicely and there were some great lines (I've got half your back between my legs here).
On a nitpicky note I thought maybe the first half was going a bit fast for comfort...cutting back and forth between scenes and characters very quickly left me wishing it would slow down and get some dialogue going to hold my interest. But it soon calmed down and the episode fairly zipped along for me. I thought Shearsmith and Pemberton were wonderful (as usual). It's funny how performers as good as they are seem to make the other actors look a bit amateurish. (Not counting Dawn French, who was great)

Also, great soundtrack. Lovely to hear a nicely-composed, orchestral backdrop to a comedy for once.

So all in all, more please. It's got my attention, I've bought into the characters, I really want to watch it again, but I'd appreciate a few more big laughs in future episodes.

Did they red button the second episode? Bugger. Didn't know that. Anyone know if it is still on there to watch or was it just for after the first show?

I got all annoyed at first!
But I don't like watching episodes a week early anyway, then I have nothing to look forward to for next time.
So I think I will resist.

Yeah, I always avoid the red button.

I grew up in the 80s where red buttons mean nuclear war. :P