Psychoville - Series 1 Page 4

I f**king hate the League of Gentlemen, so I guess I'm unlikely to enjoy this. Or even watch it. Dark, my arse!

Geoff is amazing. Every line a winner!
(I still think he was based on Beck from Cracker. His looks at least, but I will never know the truth...)

Quote: Ben @ May 28 2009, 11:22 PM BST

She's quite good in it. She's a good comedy actress.

Agree.
Well, with the second part, I haven't seen it yet.
Am really rather excited now.

Quote: Yellows 586 @ May 29 2009, 1:29 AM BST

I know what you mean. My heart sank when I heard she was in it. they said their film was really good and it was piss poor. However, I think this will be better.

I'm trying not to big Psychoville up too much - as there's nothing worse than a perfectly great show getting ruined by OTT expectations, but it really is about 10 times better than the League Of Gents film. Dawn French is actualy good in it too (and I'm not saying that as a massive fan of her).

Actually, I'll stick my neck out and predict it'll be voted the best new sitcom of 2009 in our poll at the end of the year.

There is some new stuff that has been posted on the BBC website about the show. There is a new video of Shearsmith and Pemberton talking about the characters as well as a series of character guides.

Quote: Mark @ May 29 2009, 3:17 PM BST

I'm trying not to big Psychoville up too much - as there's nothing worse than a perfectly great show getting ruined by OTT expectations, but it really is about 10 times better than the League Of Gents film. Dawn French is actualy good in it too (and I'm not saying that as a massive fan of her).

Actually, I'll stick my neck out and predict it'll be voted the best new sitcom of 2009 in our poll at the end of the year.

Hope you're right. looking forward to it. The LoG film is (I think) the only film I've nearly walked out during the performance and I saw Highlander II.

Quote: Yellows 586 @ June 1 2009, 1:57 AM BST

Hope you're right. looking forward to it. The LoG film is (I think) the only film I've nearly walked out during the performance and I saw Highlander II.

I'd have walked from the LoG movie too, only I watched it on DVD and had nowhere else to go that evening.

Well, I liked the film!

I see this show involves a doubtless scary clown. Haven't we done the doubtless scary clown bit to death?

Quote: chipolata @ June 8 2009, 1:58 PM BST

I see this show involves a doubtless scary clown. Haven't we done the doubtless scary clown bit to death?

Yes, I would think so. I reckon this'll be really 'dark' though. *yaaaawn*

How about we wait and see it before slagging it off? :O
Crazy idea I know.

Quote: zooo @ June 8 2009, 2:01 PM BST

How about we wait and see it before slagging it off?

How long have you been a member, again?