Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 3

I thought that was great, the most I've laughed at a 'recent' comedy for a long while (not including TV Burp).

The bit with Armando Iannucci on the red button is interesting too.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 16 2009, 10:23 PM GMT

I don't get this shit. What the f**k is he on about.

Is that a joke??

Really enjoyed the show, good stuff.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ March 16 2009, 10:50 PM GMT

It is amazing - he tells you the punchline at the start and yet that makes the rest of it even funnier.

I missed this! Is it repeated?

Dunno. It'll be on iPlayer though.

I liked it.

I wasn't expecting any cutaway sketchy bits, but they were okay.

"The rap singers on the banisters, near the Corn Exchange, the two-storey car park" - Loved that part, exactly like how some elderly peoples minds work.

Quote: Stan Doubt @ March 16 2009, 10:50 PM GMT

I missed this! Is it repeated?

Doesn't look like it, no.

Quote: zooo @ March 16 2009, 10:52 PM GMT

I liked it.

Even the taking the piss out of adults reading Potter?? :D

Yep!
I read waaaaay more childish books than Harry Potter!
I ain't proud. ;)

Quote: Martin H @ March 16 2009, 10:53 PM GMT

"The rap singers on the banisters, near the Corn Exchange, the two-storey car park" - Loved that part, exactly like how some elderly peoples minds work.

At first I was getting annoyed that he was going on with that bit so long, but then I started finding it really funny.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 16 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

Is that a joke??

No, the whole 'rappers' thing made no sense to me.

Quote: Martin H @ March 16 2009, 10:53 PM GMT

Maybe I missed the setup.

In the end I wasn't impressed. I won't be watching again.

Hooray!

Brilliant. The curious orange, Kevin Eldon, Simon Munnery, Michael Redmond, Armando Iannucci, and Stewart Lee on my telly within one hour. Funny stuff you aren't expecting because not just anyone could think of it, like most rubbish on TV at the moment. Stewart Lee is the antidote. Let's hope this sparks a revolution.

The rapper bit was a bit like the "Are you a sardine" bit. Repeating it over and over until you see it as nothing but ridiculous. It's very Harry Hill, although Harry does it better. It's not surprising as Stewart Lee and Harry Hill have worked together a fair bit. This was more like him displaying how the book was not aimed at him, which was sort of the punchline for that bit.

Edited by Aaron.

Quote: zooo @ March 16 2009, 10:56 PM GMT

Yep!
I read waaaaay more childish books than Harry Potter!
I ain't proud. ;)

At first I was getting annoyed that he was going on with that bit so long, but then I started finding it really funny.

Yeah that bit probably went on just a bit too long, but very funny none the less.

I think the punchline "This book isn't really aimed at me", gave you a clue to what he was talking about if you didn't realise already. But surely "Them rap singers on the Top of the Pops" set it up efficiently enough no? That is something straight out of a Nan or Grandad's mouth. :D

Hmmm. I wanted him to get to the point. Rappers.. bannisters.. corn exchange.. Gah! Hurry up!

Good points though. Can't argue with his targets and what he says. Very good, but not laugh out loud funy for me.

Did anyone else press 'red' after for the interview with Armando Iannucci? I thought that was marginally better than the programme itself...

Quote: Aaron @ March 16 2009, 10:54 PM GMT

Doesn't look like it, no.

:(

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 16 2009, 10:51 PM GMT

Dunno. It'll be on iPlayer though.

:)

Cool.

Quote: Stuart Doherty @ March 16 2009, 11:03 PM GMT

Brilliant. The curious orange, Kevin Eldon, Simon Munnery, Michael Redmond, Armando Iannucci, and Stewart Lee on my telly within one hour. Funny stuff you aren't expecting because not just anyone could think of it, like most rubbish on TV at the moment. Stewart Lee is the antidote. Let's hope this sparks a revolution.

The rapper bit was a bit like the "Are you a sardine" bit. Repeating it over and over until you see it as nothing but ridiculous. It's very Harry Hill, although Harry does it better. It's not surprising as Stewart Lee and Harry Hill have worked together a fair bit. This was more like him displaying how the book was not aimed at him, which was sort of the punchline for that bit.

And Christopher Morris as script editor...

:D :D :D :D :D :D

This was right up my alley and no mistakin', absolutely loved it.

He told funny stories about books and fings and I pretended I was smart too and laughed at his jokey words.

'When I told my friends I was writing a book, a few of them asked what it was about'

Liked the nod to 'Lazy Comedy Slags' with the Radio Four ennunciations.

Give me more, but better!