Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle - Series 1 Page 6

I wonder if Chris Moyles mentioned the show, on the radio, earlier on.

Thought this was very good. Big Stewart Lee fan, he doesn't hold back does he? An original show - great!

Because I'm such a pussy-whipped bitch, I haven't seen this yet. But I reeeeally want to!! I hope it's as good as I'm hoping, I saw the first few minutes and thought that was good.

According to this, the show only got a million viewers, down on the average for that slot. But...I hope the Beeb realise that those million viewers are a quality million. Not just some bloody rubbish million. Oh no!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/mar/17/stewart-lee-comedy-vehicle-tv-ratings

Well, the Beeb is supposed to be a public service, isn't it, rather than a ratings chaser. *Falls down laughing*

I hope they don't panic and axe it! BBC Four to the rescue?

Maybe they will rethink the advert for the show being him NOT SAYING ANYTHING.

Eejits.

Not exactly going to attract new fans is it.

Quote: zooo @ March 17 2009, 2:32 PM GMT

Maybe they will rethink the advert for the show being him NOT SAYING ANYTHING.

Eejits.

Not exactly going to attract new fans is it.

That did seem odd. What about that would make you watch if you weren't already a fan of his?

Quote: Leevil @ March 17 2009, 2:28 PM GMT

I hope they don't panic and axe it! BBC Four to the rescue?

When I first found out about this programme I naturally assumed it would be on BBC Four. I'm glad it's on BBC Two but I hope it isn't under too much pressure to 'perform'.

And look, it's coming out on DVD as well!

[p=http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/9307201/Stewart-Lee-Comedy-Vehicle/Product.html]

One reason for the lack of high ratings might have been the way it was advertised. All of the promos said 'Coming Soon' and it was only by chance that I noticed is was this Monday. I had to ring people up and scream 'It's on tonight! Stewart Lee is on BBC2 tonight!...What's that?!...Yes, can I have two garlic breads please?'

If the Comedy Gods are watching, can they arrange it so Stewart Lee, Rob Newman and Richard Ayoade all star in a sitcom together, with Chris Morris as their angry landlord / boss / GP?

If the Comedy Gods need sacrifices to achieve this feat, I have Horne and Corden ready on the altar, just give me a sign and I will plunge the ceremonial dagger into their cold, black hearts.

Nil Putters: It's okay if you didn't find Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle funny. I won't degarde or vilify you for it. I will however look at you with suspicion (you're not Richard Herring are you?).

Maybe I wasn't in the mood, but I kept thinking, okay I've got it, seriously I've got it, I've got it, look honestly I've got it, Iv'e got it, okay I've got it, FFS I've got it...

Felt like 5 minutes of material dragged out over a very long half hour.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 17 2009, 3:36 PM GMT

Nil Putters: It's okay if you didn't find Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle funny. I won't degarde or vilify you for it. I will however look at you with suspicion (you're not Richard Herring are you?).

Ha! No, I don't like him either. I do like Rob Newman though. And feel free to sacrifice Horne & Corden, just not for more of this rubbish. ;)

Quote: Timbo @ March 17 2009, 3:46 PM GMT

Felt like 5 minutes of material dragged out over a very long half hour.

That's his style though, I like it. I love the way he paces his material, for me it adds rather than detracts from the humour. It will just annoy some though. Especially if you prefer the bang-bang-bang style of some other stand ups.

Quote: Nil Putters @ March 17 2009, 3:47 PM GMT

Ha! No, I don't like him either.

Did you ever like Lee then? If not, why did you watch? Just curious is all. :)

The other nice thing about this show is that it has a point of view. It's comedy with something to say (other than "I'm fat and gays are teh funny lol"), and it feels like we haven't had one of those since Brass Eye.